How to incorporate Joomla Users Field with Hikashop customer registration

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
10 months 1 week ago #352391

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.3
-- Joomla version -- : 4
-- PHP version -- : 8

In Joomla 3 we were using the add on CMC Mail Chimp to add new customers to a MailChimp mailing list. This is not compatible with Joomla 4 and so we are investigating a product from Tassos.gr called MailChimp Auto-Subscribe. This uses a Joomla Users Field to obtain "Consent" from the customer that they can be added to the mailing list.

If the "Consent" field is not used, then the standard Hikashop customer registration process adds the customer to the mailing list successfully. Please see the attached screenshot for details of the plugin.

Is there a way that the Joomla Users Field can be incorporated in the Hikashop Customer Registration process?

Thanks and regards
Brett

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
10 months 1 week ago #352392

Hi,

No. It's not possible. What you can do is to activate the "Override registration" setting of the "login" view of the Checkout Workflow, under the Checkout tab of the HikaShop configuration, and in the option below, enter the HTML of a link which would redirect the user to the Joomla user registration form.
That way, on the checkout, instead of the HikaShop registration form, they would get that link to access the registration form of Joomla.

• Hikashop Business
10 months 1 week ago #352436

Thanks Nicolas

I tried your suggestion but when I set "Override registration" to "Yes", the "Add to Cart" button is no longer displayed.

Is there another setting I need to change?

• Thank you received: 13071
10 months 1 week ago #352439

Hi,

The "override registration" setting has no link with the display of the add to cart button. You must be missunderstanding something.
Please double check.

• Hikashop Business
10 months 1 week ago #352442

Sorry Nicolas
My mistake, somehow Catalog mode was turned ON.
OK, it's working and gives me the link for the user to click on however it makes it a bit more difficult for the user so I don't think we will go this way.

Thanks for your prompt reply as always.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds