User - Profile plugin (Birthday) does not show at registration.

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
9 months 3 weeks ago #353141

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

I need to add the Birthday into the registration.

Is there any easy way to do so with Hikashop? I tried to add the calendar into custom flieds but this does not work very well, the year can't be choosen easily.

I tried to add the Birthday at registration with the Joomla User-Profile plugin but this does not show in the front end.

I need to add the Birthday to the registration and need to check the leagal age of drinking alcohol 20 and above. Is there any plugin that I could use or is there any easy way to do so with Hikashop or Joomla?

I need help on this as I could not find anything useful on the internet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
9 months 3 weeks ago #353144

Hi,

You need to use the "advanced date picker" type when creating your custom field in HikaShop.
Then, it's just a matter of settings to adapt it to your needs.
Here is an example I made on my local test website for the birthday selection:
i.imgur.com/pFkTl1Y.png
Like this, the user can easily select the year, the month and then the day.
And if you want to prevent users from selecting a date after 2003 (so that only people with more than 20 will be able to register, you could set the "end" option to 2003.
And if you want some more fine grained control on the date verification, you could add a bit of javascript code via a view override of the registration form to check the value selected by the user.

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
9 months 3 weeks ago #353166

Hi Nicolas

This with the setting in the start made the calendar (advanced date picker) work. Thanks for your advice.

Is it possible that old users will need to add their birthday when they make an order or when they login?

• Thank you received: 13071
9 months 3 weeks ago #353168

Hi,

If you use a custom field of the table "user", the field will only be required during registration. So if someone checkout with an old user account, HikaShop won't check whether that field has been filled or not in his profile.
A custom field of the table "address" will allow for that, but that means that each time the user adds a new address, he will have to enter a birthday.
A custom field of the table "order" would also do that, but that means that each time the user go through the checkout, he would have to enter his birthday.

Maybe you would like to consider something like this instead:
elfsight.com/age-verification-widget/joomla/
That way, it would ask for the age of the user when he accesses the website.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds