Zapier Integration

• Thank you received: 24
8 years 5 months ago #219093

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4

Are you planning to integrate with zapier? i found each time there are more important tools outside joomla that need connections. WP is winning the battle with integrations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
8 years 5 months ago #219099

Hi,

We don't have a plan to build such integration for now. But I guess that such integration shouldn't be a problem for any PHP developer so if you really need it, you can always have someone develop it for you.

WP powers more than 15% of all the websites compared to 3% for Joomla.
So it's not surprising that you would find 5 times the amount of integrations there since the market is bigger.
On top of that, you have a company with a huge budget and a lot of paid developers behind WP, while Joomla is a NPO with only volunteers.
It's actually quite amazing that Joomla is able to compete so well in that respect.

The following user(s) said Thank You: PolishedGeek

• Thank you received: 9
5 years 2 weeks ago #305426

Hi Nicolas,

Yes WP is bigger, I think one reason is that they are so easy to integrate with everything (by plugins).
Joomla is in a lot of ways better, more flexible and way better in ACL

I now am forced to go for Woocommerce because they connect to an accountant software (moneybird).
Automatically if an order is confirmed it sends it to moneybird and they send an invoice.

connecting is a trend, if you do not go in that trend you will loose from all other players so there need to come a hikashop app store if you ask me. Even if they are small integrations,
I love the MyParcel integration for Dutchies. It is not rocket science but a reason I could convince a customer to go for Hikashop.

Zapier should be built by you guys so it works well and Hikashop is way more flexible for all your users.
You connect with one plugin to 1.000+ tools.

I hope you guys take this serious because I think it is a must for the future.

5 years 2 weeks ago #305446

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. Now that we have a marketplace where we're selling extension we can make for HikaShop, it's much practical for us to develop integrations like this.
Before (like when I posted my answer 3 years ago), we were either releasing plugins for free or functions built directly in HikaShop.
Being about to sell such development helps us recoup the costs of the development in the long run which makes such integration worth for us to do.
I've added it to the todo list on our end as I also think that it could be a powerful addition.

5 years 2 weeks ago #305472

Maybe make a feedback list for new integrations :-)
I have at this point no customers that have a budget for new plugins but if there comes one i can hire you guys and you can sell it on your store. So we both can benefit from it :-)

I can imagine that you tell in the Marketplace (first time i saw it) that you can make a custom one.
Or a partner that can make one like Jerome.
You want a custom plugin check here... and best if that plugin comes in the market if that is possible.

Good luck!

5 years 2 weeks ago #305482

Hi,

Thanks for the input. We'll be happy to develop plugins for you if that opportunity arises.
Adding some text on the marketplace to inform that we can work on custom plugins is a good idea. We'll do something about that. Thanks !

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 1 day ago #305876

joris85 wrote:
Zapier should be built by you guys so it works well and Hikashop is way more flexible for all your users.
You connect with one plugin to 1.000+ tools.

I hope you guys take this serious because I think it is a must for the future.

+1 ;)

Le fil vert sur le bouton vert, le fil rouge sur le bouton rouge.

5 years 1 day ago #305877

When Hikashop will be connected with zapier, I I will be able to stop prestashop :cheer:

Le fil vert sur le bouton vert, le fil rouge sur le bouton rouge.

5 years 1 day ago #305879

Hi,

@joris85: I had a look at the Zapier API but it's not that easy apparently. For example, I checked the integration Woocommerce has with Zapier and apparently, it doesn't help to connect with accounting software. It only allow for google sheets integrations, or some simple tools integrations.
So I don't think that integrating with Zapier would help with your need. I'm afraid that it would require a direct integration between HikaShop and your accounting software, like you have for your current ecommerce website.

@David ARNAUD Why do you think it would be interesting ? How do you think an integration with Zapier would help you use HikaShop over prestashop ?

5 years 13 hours ago #305911

Oh wauw that is bummer.
Great you took some time and i feel a bit stupid i wanted you to connect :-D

The Zaps i used I can just choose where the information go's to.
So i thought if moneybird is there why not connect an order to moneybird.

The biggest question i have/had for myself is connect it to moneybird at the moment.
Woocommerce does that super easy. If i have the money i will build the plugin :-D

Thanks for your investigation and taking it serious.
Hikashop is getting more powerful every day!

4 years 11 months ago #305939

I see in zapier that i can make an invoice from the convertforms from Tassos.
that means that Hikashop should have the possibility to connect to Moneybird (accountant software) trough zapier

Heb build a connection to do this :-)
Maybe you know him?
www.tassos.gr/joomla-extensions/convert-...ertforms-with-zapier

4 years 11 months ago #305946

Hi,

Reading that link, this integration allows convertforms to send campaign leads (basically, the user name and email address and maybe some other user data) to zappier. It doesn't talk about orders or invoices, which would be much more complex if possible at all.
I still don't think that what you want to do is possible through zappier. At least this link doesn't indicate that it would.

4 years 11 months ago #305988

As long as you can send all the order information to Zapier, Zapier can send it to moneybird.
In Zapier I see that I can make an invoice in moneybird so it must be a possibility :-)
How difficult it is to implement I have no idea but it should be possible ;-)

Thanks for all your time to investigate this Nicolas!

4 years 11 months ago #305998

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Looking into it I indeed think that it would be possible to integrate with zapier to send order details to accounting software supporting that.
So such integration is still on our todo list.

4 years 11 months ago #306003

Good to hear that it is possible and on your todo!
I think it will help people to send all kind of information to an other location.

Thank you very much!

3 years 5 months ago #325194

Are there any new insights to this?
Hope that this comes on the market :-)

3 years 5 months ago #325213

Hi,

We didn't move forward with this point yet.

3 years 5 months ago #325230

To bad, I think it is the future to link to other applications.
Automation!
And with Zapier you have many at once :-)

I would suggest to ask your users if they have created such implementations so maybe they can add them on your marketplace.
Most users in Joomla create there own stuff because sharing is mostly to much work for them.

Paid addons on your marketplace like this would be great, yearly subscription i can imagine is good for the developers so it is more interesting.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

2 years 9 months ago #334130

Any update on Zapier integration? the last mention of it was 2 YEARS ago ?! that's an eternity in technology years ;) LOL

This is more and more vital today... and the data going to a Google Sheets isn't a concern or the point...

The point is being able to externalise Hikashop data from there, we can decide where we move it to be it Google Sheets, or an accounting software.

Please give us the power by having a legit Zapier module!

Thanks,

M.

Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by itsyogakids.

2 years 8 months ago #335084

Hello again,

No response so far, could we have a reply on this hot topic?

Even if it was a paid plugin, it would be SO freakin' worth it...

Thank you,
Sincerely,

M.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds