How to limit use of coupon code to only one or two product in a category

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #317970

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.26
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 71.0

I want to offer a promo code that will allow the user to use it towards one product , only one time. Mine seems to allow the coupon to apply towards as many items in that category that I add to my shopping cart. What should I set the Quota and Quota per user to? Do I need to set Number of times used to anything? What if I want to allow a user to use it for 2 items in that category? What would be my settings? Does it have to be in the same purchasing episode?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 11 months ago #317971

Hi,

If you restrict a coupon to a category, it will apply to the whole cart is at least a product of that category is in the cart.
The percentage value of a coupon will be calculated based on the total amount of the cart, and if your coupon is limited to a category, on the total amount of the products of that category in the cart.
So if you have product A costing 20€ and product B costing 10€ in the cart, and they are in the same category, if you apply a 50% percentage coupon restricted to that same category, the coupon value will be 50% of 20€ + 50% of 10€ so 15€.
There is no "maximum number of product" setting in the coupons so the only thing you can do to avoid the value increasing based on the number of products in the category in the cart, is to not use the "percentage" field, and instead to use the "flat amount" field so that you enter a fixed value.

If you want to do such things, I'm afraid you'll have to use AWOCoupon:
awodev.com/products/joomla/awocoupon

3 years 11 months ago #318128

I can see where to create a coupon code, but not where you can configure where to apply it to a single product or category. I have 4 products I only want to apply it to

3 years 11 months ago #318153

Hi,

This setting is only available if your have HikaShop Essential or HikaShop Business.
So you must be using HikaShop Starter which doesn't have that capability.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #318193

I am using hikashop business

3 years 11 months ago #318199

Hi,

Yes. My last message was for dagroupinc

The following user(s) said Thank You: dagroupinc

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds