Discount applied based on number of items in cart

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 10 months ago #319085

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16
-- PHP version -- : 7.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : CHROME 81.0.4044.138

I am new to Joomla and to HikaShop. I have taken over an existing website.

The website is for a winery. The winery would like to offer 20% off to customers who purchase 12 bottles or more. This would include different wines from different ranges e.g. 6x Chardonnay, 3x Shiraz and 3x Cabernet Sauvignon. So, I need this discount to automatically apply when the customer adds 12 bottles to their cart.

The winery only has the HikaShop starter version. From my research through the documentation and through the forum, my understanding is that this cannot be achieved through the HikaShop starter version. This starter version will only apply a site wide discount, and does not have an option to create restrictions. Is this correct?

Therefore, from my understanding, I would need to upgrade to either HikaShop Essential or Business. Can either HikaShop Essential or Business apply a discount based on the quantity of items added to the cart?

Apologies if this is a simple question, but I would like to have my facts straight before approaching the customer with a fix for their issue, especially if it means for them to upgrade from a FREE version of HikaShop to a PAID version.

Greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 10 months ago #319090

Hi,

Yes, you'll need to have either HikaShop Essential or Business (both can do it).
You'll need to create a "coupon" with the "auto load in cart if possible" setting activated, and the "minimum number of products" setting set to 12 and a percentage of 20. That way, the 20% coupon will be added to the cart automatically once their are 12 products in the cart, and it will be removed automatically if that number goes below that threshold.

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by nicolas.

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 10 months ago #319152

Thank you for the clarification!

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds