How to add specific PDF files as attachment per product in the conformation E-Ma

• Thank you received: 3
3 years 5 months ago #324917

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox, Chrome

Hi Team,

I have a question and already searched the forum but didin't find a proper solution.

What I need:
A customers orders a specific product. Then he gets per E-Mail bis order confirmation. In the confirmation a specific PDF should be included as an attachment based on the product the customer selected in the shop.

What I tried so far:
I tried the function to add the PDF into the product/s itself, but unfortunately this will only be displayed as a download link in the confirmation mail and if the user clicks on it he has to login with his user first in the shop and then the PDF is downloaded via the browser automatically in the background - no direct display of the PDF in the browser (most of the time the user does not realise that). That is not usefull

I also tried to attach (with Hika serial plugin serial attach) a PDF as it's going with imiages and serials, but that's not working because you always need a vlaid serial for it.

Is tere any possibility with another solution to realize a specific PDF attachment per product in the confirmation E-Mail?

Thanks

Alexander

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 5 months ago #324918

Hi,

No there is no other option.
The files are not attached to the email notifications on purpose as in most cases, you want to avoid doing that.
Big files will cause issues with the sending of emails (flagged as spam, email rejection as it's too big, sending takes too long, etc).
So we opted to instead only include a download link to the email.

Now if you want to do that, because your files are small, the only solution left will be to do some custom development to attach the files in the emails instead of providing a link. It's should be possible with a bit of code customization in the "preload" section of your emails via the menu System>Emails. A skilled PHP developer should be able to do that for you in a few hours.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds