Develop Payment Plugin for BrainTree

• Thank you received: 4
10 years 5 months ago #125543

Would like to request the development of a payment plugin for BrainTree

www.braintreepayments.com/

The following user(s) said Thank You: joerinehart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 5 months ago #125552

Hi,

I added this payment plugin (and a link of their documentation) in our TODO list of payment plugins which contains more than 50 payments solutions.
If this implementation is really urgent for you, please use the "contact us" form for a quote. You can also use the section "commercial jobs" in this forum in order to be contact by external developers.

Kind regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 13
  • Hikashop Business
10 years 4 months ago #131005

We second this! We would really prefer to always use HikaShop, but this function alone sometimes forces us to go with MijoShop instead. Braintree is really everything PayPal and Authorize.net should be, and it would be PERFECT if only it were supported by HikaShop!

Thanks,
3by400, Inc.

3by400, Inc.
3by400.com
Websites that Work, Marketing that Matters

10 years 1 month ago #144917

is there an update to when BrainTree may be implemented?

• Thank you received: 13037
10 years 1 month ago #144935

No news for now. Since four months ago, we added more than 20 other payment gateways. This one is still on our todo list.

10 years 1 month ago #145054

ok. thanks for reply.

The reason I like BrainTree is that many others have per month charges and their fraud detection is just okay,not great. Many of hte payment plugins are like this. Why BrainTree so good.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 3by400, joerinehart

10 years 3 weeks ago #147279

Yes Braintree is a great gateway, that is cheap and excellent to use, Please hikashop team make this happen, if anything I can do to help just email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 3 weeks ago #147314

Hi,

Noted :)

We have currently 53 payment plugins in our TODO list so can't give any schedule or delay for this implementation.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hound, joerinehart

• Thank you received: 3
9 years 11 months ago #151049

Just wanted to mention that Braintree is now giving the first $50,000 of CC processing away for free. My online store has been getting killed by processing fees from Elavon and Authorize.net so I just signed up. I'm on osCommerce now but would like to switch to Hikashop. So thanks so much for your consideration in developing a plug-in for Braintree.

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 11 months ago #151068

Jerome wrote: We have currently 53 payment plugins in our TODO list so can't give any schedule or delay for this implementation.

Where I can see this TODO list of payment plugins. It is very important to me. I think, to everybody.
Vero

The following user(s) said Thank You: 3by400

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 11 months ago #151222

Hi,

It's our internal TODO list, not visible on our website.

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 11 months ago #153882

I've been following this Braintree thread since I have a client who's currently forced to use PayPal on a new site I developed for him.

I figured if I expressed our sincere interest in using HikaShop with Braintree processing, I could also click the "Check this box to be notified of replies to this topic" and look forward to upgrading ;)

Best 'net regards,

Joe

The following user(s) said Thank You: 3by400, hound

• Thank you received: 8
9 years 9 months ago #159726

I just had a meeting with a clients bank, NAB in Australia, they are now introducing Braintree to all their clients to get their developers on board. With Braintree now being offered as the new PayPal, and eWay in Australia as these companies have all been merged into one.

I would like to get an update on how you are going with this, as they are about to go visit another client and offer the same details to them.

EBay’s PayPal Acquires Payments Gateway Braintree For $800M In Cash
techcrunch.com/2013/09/26/paypal-acquire...ee-for-800m-in-cash/

9 years 9 months ago #159727

I think it is really time to address this plugin for hikashop. Many will be using this in the future.

I think you should develop this as part of the gateways you have. However, if you do not want to do this, maybe everyone could donate a few dollars to a general fund to get this gateway development complete as soon as possible!

by the way: RedComponent has developed braintree plugin. Considering I view hikashop much better than rc, I think you guys should have this plugin. Especially as the last poster stated, braintree was now acquired by paypal many months back and will see big user base. it already is doing over 15 billion in revenue capture!

Please advise us.

Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by bluewave.

• Hikashop Business
9 years 9 months ago #159728

Hi, All -

We are very excited to let you know that the 3by400 team is in the final development stages of a BrainTree Payment plugin for HikaShop. We've been in communication with Nicolas at HikaShop during our development and we hope to have a beta release very soon!

If you would be interested in receiving notification from us once the beta version of the BrainTree Payment Plugin for HikaShop is released please send an email indicating this to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Also indicate if you would be interested in testing the plugin prior to its release. Thanks!

3by400, Inc.
3by400.com

• Hikashop Business
9 years 6 months ago #170034

We wanted to provide an update to those of you who may be following this topic. Thank you to those who volunteered to be beta testers. We are pleased to inform you that the beta version was delivered to our beta testers yesterday and will soon be ready for production! We have already put the plugin through rigorous testing and received HikaShop and BrainTree "stamps of approval".

If you would like to join our mailing list and be one of the first to know of the soon-to-be-released production version please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., subject: "BrainTree Plugin List".

Thank you!

3by400, Inc.
3by400.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xavier

• Hikashop Business
9 years 3 months ago #181727

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the BrainTree Payment Plugin for HikaShop!

You may get the extension at this link - 3by400.com/extensions/braintree-payment-plugin-for-hikashop

Thank you to all those that participated as beta testers!

3by400, Inc.
3by400.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
8 years 8 months ago #208638

This sure sounds intriguing to me. The cost savings for somebody doing their first $50,000 would be fantastic.

The cost of the plugin is not cheap. But, it should still prove a savings for most people.

Has anybody used this and had a testimony to share? How was the experience?

This certainly looks promising!

Sean

Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by scarney.

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 2 months ago #225393

The Braintree Plugin failed to meet my expectations. Be aware of 3by400's refund policy. If this plugin fails to meet your expecations, you're not likely to get a refund.

• Hikashop Business
8 years 2 months ago #225394

chisstu wrote: The Braintree Plugin failed to meet my expectations. Be aware of 3by400's refund policy. If this plugin fails to meet your expecations, you're not likely to get a refund.

Dear chisstu -
Please provide the full story when making a public post meant to demean a person or company. As we have stated in your 3by400 support ticket, we believe your issue is related to Hikashop rather than our plugin. In addition, as a sign of goodwill we also offered to modify the plugin to add your feature request to meet your need, if Hikashop isn't causing the issue. However, you have chosen to make this post, rather than allow us to assist you further as we have offered to do.

Also, our refund policy is freely available for review on our website before a purchase is made. As is the case with most software developers' policies, as we cannot revoke your ability to use our extension, we do not offer a refund. However, we do offer high-quality, responsive support and the ability to ask pre-sales questions.

The users of our Hikashop Braintree Plugin are very pleased with its functionality and our support. Its saved our clients countless hours and finances with reduced PCI compliance liability, due to its unique encryption process. And, because Braintree offers absolutely free payment processing on your first $50,000 in sales, our clients are also saving hundreds or more on overhead! They are very pleased!

Chisstu, if you'd like to reconsider allowing us to assist you, we're here to help!

Also, we'd like to invite everyone to take a look at Braintree as a payment solution and then checkout our plugin which integrates Braintree and Hikashop seamlessly!

3by400, Inc.
3by400.com
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by 3by400.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds