Separate mail sending configuration from Joomla

• Thank you received: 2
10 years 3 months ago #135490

Would it be possible to add a configuration option to allow the use of a different mail sending configuration from that of the Joomla default? This feature would be similar to what is found in AcyMailing, which allows us to set up a different mail sending configuration for use in that extension alone.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
10 years 3 months ago #135534

We didn't do like AcyMailing because we didn't see any need for that and it would have created more headaches than anything else since then the user has to change the configuration everywhere when it changes host/email server.
Unlike AcyMailing, where you might need a specific mail sending server because of the sheer number of emails having to be sent for a newsletter, HikaShop only sent event emails (on an order creation, an order modification,etc) and even send registration emails like joomla does, so there is no benefit in using another sending method than joomla's and it would even be strange to sent the registration emails from HikaShop from one email server and the registration emails from Joomla from another one.

I honestly don't see the need for that.

• Thank you received: 2
10 years 3 months ago #135735

Thanks for the answer, nicolas. It was a request from a client of mine, so I figured I would ask.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds