Ecommerce MultiVendor to give away unwanted stuff

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 3 months ago #139064

Hi all,

I don't know whether I'm posting in correct place but I can't see anywhere else where I can ask presales question. So here goes: I need to create a website which will allow registered users to give away their unwanted stuff free. A good example : au.ziilch.com/listing/39700/Kids_golden_books

One of the main features I'm looking for is that those interested should be able to PM (after registration) the lister to request the item. Once the lister has chosen to whom he will give the item, the item will be mark as donated, removed from front-end and the receiver notified automatically.

Am not asking for custom work but I need to make sure whether Hikashop will be able to handle all that...

Cheers,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 3 months ago #139080

Hi,

HikaShop with HikaMarket can handle that.
If the product quantity is "1", the first time the product will be bought his quantity will be 0 so it won't be possible to buy it again (and can be hidden to the customers).

When an order is made, the vendor will receive a notification with some details about the customer.
We display the customer email but you can override that in order to put a link to the PM system, or whatever you want.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 3 months ago #139147

Many thanks,

In fact the product will not be bought or ordered but requested. Will the receiver be notified that he will be the one that has been chosen when the giver will mark the item as donated (or allocated) in the back-end ?

10 years 3 months ago #139164

Hi,

Even if you "sell" free products, you have to finalize the checkout and create an order.
The customer can pay nothing, it won't be a problem with HikaShop.
But in order to validate the choice, you have to validate the cart and it will create orders.
You can rename the terms if you want, but the process has to be like that.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

10 years 3 months ago #139768

Many thanks for your help.

however I will require to remove all mention of "buy" (like on buttons) for the user that will request the item ? Will that be easily possible ?

Secondly, since this site will be for a charitable organization, I do not have much budget. Bearing this in mind, will 'Hikashop Starter' and 'Hikamarket Multivendor' be the right and most affordable solution ?

Regards,

10 years 3 months ago #139774

Hi,

In HikaShop you can override the translation of all texts in the website or emails.
So you can rename the "Buy" without another word.
But buttons does not have this word in HikaShop, we are using "add to cart".

HikaMarket works with HikaShop starter, essential and business. You can create a store using HikaShop starter and HikaMarket without any problem.
HikaShop starter includes all payment and shipping plugins, you won't have blocking limitations. You can use HikaShop starter to build a e-commerce website. The commercial editions add some specific features for extending the possibilities.
It is (I think) quite well explicit in our comparison page : www.hikashop.com/extensions.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

10 years 3 months ago #139782

Many thanks for your reply,

yes I know about the hikashop comparison chart, just wanted to make sure that in my case the starter is OK!

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds