listing product to map floor

• Thank you received: 92
7 years 4 months ago #256219

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.5

Hi
i test convert a list_listing.php file to manage place seat location on a map plan floor. So I take a seat plan with 746 items ( see the capture screen )

I try to render this using hikashop and client technology ( best is using svg or html with css). With 5 items no issue but with 746 here the capture screen of the page !!!

I think optimisation is the way to go and code that are not show and not use must be remove .
I see strange way to manage the form in my hikashop web server and study the hikashop demo web site to be sure i have in my local server the same behaviour than hikashop . And yes hiaksho manage send information ( form) for each product . In Hikashop all the "add to" button (add to card or add to whilist) are inside the same form but a new form is use for each product item . Here the structure of hikashop demo site

I have a look to magento demo website and i don't see a form around each checkout button . So it seem magento succeed to avoid the use of <form> around each product and there is a javascript way to do that . here the code .

I think that use one <form> for manage all the items instead use for each product their own <form> should reduce the memory issue .
I am not an expert but i think form can be code using javascript only ( magento code seem to do that) so my question ll be : Does use one form in product list can be achieve ? in a way if yes it mean that all code in form for each item product are the same for each item that have their own form !!
I really think hikashop team try to make hikashop easy to use but harder for people like me who want to understand the code and change override some hikashop extension ti use them the way i want !!

Regard's

-

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by lionel75.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #256225

Hi
i know this issue can be resolbe using the php.ini file but i think less code in this context is the way to go and should be implemented by hikashop ( it is about MVC client side subject ) .
think magento use a webservice and ajax for checkout project and it why i wait for the last version

7 years 4 months ago #256345

Hi
To focus on what could be enhance is that it would be usefull if a second view appear in hikashop for manage how product item can be choose for be adding to cart .
Today I think there is only one view availbale for select number of item to add to the card . This view is implemented in product/product_show_quantity.php . This file create a table layout with 4 cells content : quantity value , increment , decrement , button add to cart .
If we use a lot of unique product in the same page ...then we don't need this table layout and a simple checkbox ll be more efficient .

regard's

• Thank you received: 13062
7 years 4 months ago #256382

Hi,

Having a form or not around the elements won't change anything memory wise.
The error you see just means that the amount of memory used to load all the data on the page is too big.

There are several ways to solve that problem:
- As lionel75 said, you could increase the memory limit of your server to allow for more data to be loaded by HikaShop in memory
- You can obviously also reduce the amount of memory needed by reducing the amount of products to be display (and thus loaded) on the same page
- Or you could modify the code of HikaShop to load less data in memory for each product. The problem here is that most of the data HikaShop loads is useful. For example, if you didn't configure any badges, event though HikaShop will run a MySQL query to try to load badges for the products to be displayed, since it won't find any, the data of the badges won't take up any memory. And you can't remove crucial data of the products to be loaded or it won't work properly.
- Note that HikaShop is not the only thing loading stuff in memory on your website. Other extensions on the page will also load their data. For example, if you use Falang or JoomFish to translate your content in several languages, they also need to load all that data when you load the products and it can add up to a lot of memory eaten up for that.

Changing the HTML in the views won't change anything to help you.

7 years 4 months ago #256412

Hi
Thank's
- i ll try to remove all the hikashop "php call /include " i know i don't need in custom product listing
-I ll study the impact of table regards input from the point of view of size ( not time process) for 750 item products .

Even with few data ( and single session user ) all work : i can select seat using one click and buy ticket perhaps with to much items hikashop is not the e-commerce way to go ? !!!
I hope not .

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 4 months ago #256418

Hi,

Using HikaShop products for seat is clearly not a good idea regarding the performances and the memory usage.
You're loading and using a huge amount data which is just useless for your goal.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds