• Thank you received: 12
  • Hikashop Business
10 months 2 weeks ago #352183

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.3
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.2
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.18

Hi,

My clients would like a "gift list" on their site:
The gift list would allow a user to create a kitty for themselves or another person. It should be open to anyone with a link to it, and the amount is free. Once the desired amount has been collected, the user should be able to close the list and buy an item of the site, or to transfer the funds from the kitty to the beneficiary.

Is it something doable?

Thanks in advance.

Sandra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
10 months 2 weeks ago #352184

Hi,

I didn't know that this concept was called a kitty. I was wondering what a cat had to do with a gift list :p

What HikaShop has is the wishlist system. With it, you can place products in your wishlist, share your wishlist, and users with access to your wishlist can purchase the products. The wishlist display will then display the product as being purchased so that others don't purchase the same product. It's useful for a wedding list, baby shower, etc. Note that the person purchasing the product will be receiving it so that they can bring it to your wedding, baby shower, etc in person.

So while it's close, it's still quite different from what you're describing.

To do what you want would require users to be able to create their kitty product. So it would probably require HikaMarket for that. Then, use the donation plugin to allow customers to enter the amount they want to pay : demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...t-page/donation-page
And then, with a mass action, with a PHP action, you could run a bit of custom PHP code to add the equivalent in points to the user account of the vendor.
That way, the vendor would then be able to use their points with the user points system to purchase things on the shop.

• Thank you received: 12
  • Hikashop Business
10 months 2 weeks ago #352203

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your answer.

Considering the prices of products sold on the site, we cannot use the wishlist, that's why they ask for a "kitty" system (I didn't know either a cagnotte translation was 'kitty').

Regarding the solution you mention, can you do custom development or should I hire an external dev?

Thanks again

Sandra

• Thank you received: 13071
10 months 2 weeks ago #352204

Hi,

Our schedule is quite packed for the next few months so I would recommend hiring someone for this.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds