• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
7 months 3 weeks ago #354866

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.5
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.4
-- PHP version -- : 8.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 116.0.5845.141
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : N/A

My client has some products in his shop that can only be bought once the customer has a legal authority to own it. Even adding these products to a shopping cart could put the shop and the customer in breach of the law, as it could be argued that they have some claim on ownership..
We would like to be able to list these items in the shop alongside all the unrestricted items, but have the "Add to Cart" button hidden or disabled.
As a work-around, we have removed the price and changed the message displayed to "Please call for details". However, this means we can't display the price in the same way as the other products and have to add it into the description, which is not ideal.

Any help or suggestions you can give would be welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
7 months 3 weeks ago #354868

Hi,

Create a user group for the authorized users so that once a user is authorized, you add his account to that user group.
Then, in the price settings of the product, select that user group in the "access level" setting.
That way, users which are not authorized won't see the price and add to cart button, but only your custom message, but authorized users will see the price and the add to cart button.

• Hikashop Business
7 months 2 weeks ago #354945

Thank you, that is nearly what I need. I want the price to be shown to all site visitors, but the Add to Cart button to be restricted to just the new user group.
Your solution hides the price along with the button.

• Thank you received: 612
7 months 2 weeks ago #354948

Hello,

You can add the price information to your product page via Product custom field.
And as result, the price information will be display for everyone.

If you create a price for every user group, it will display the "add to cart" button, that's why we can suggest you tihs solution.
Regards

Last edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
7 months 2 weeks ago #354970

Thank you, I'll have a look at that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds