• Hikashop Business
1 month 2 weeks ago #359619

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No Error, just spam

Hi,
Is it possible to add a better anti spam option to the registration form of HikaShop? In the last weeks I receive a lot of fake registrations. I use Google reCAPTCHA but that doesn't help enough. The spammers are also activating their fake account via the link in the confirmation e-mail.

For my contact form (and contact forms for others) I use Convert Forms, developed by Tassos Marinos. Since I use these forms, I never received spam anymore via the contact forms. Even when I don't use reCAPTCHA.
They use a honeypot (not 100% sure), a hidden field that will be used by robots, but not by humans. As soon as the hidden field is used, the registration fails. Maybe an idea to let it look like a successful registration, but without any registration at all.

Hope that it is possible to add such an option.
Other suggestions to prevent spam are welcome of course.

I use the option for registration before ordering anything to create custom orders for new customers.

With Kind Regards,

Remko Rijpkema

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 month 2 weeks ago #359624

Hi,

Captcha solutions are indeed less and less effective.
We switched to OSpam-a-not which works for extensions, joomla, etc and it also works for HikaShop:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/ospam-a-not/
It basically uses a honeypot, but also a time gate, so it's even better.
Since using it, we don't get spam anymore on our end so we now recommend using it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Remko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds