Filter configuration question

• Thank you received: 12
3 years 10 months ago #319277

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.30

Hello...

I created an image to explain the issue as best as possible. Please check the image and tell me how to configure the filter in order to have the desired result.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 10 months ago #319288

Hi,

In the last setting of your filter, called "category", you should select the category which will be used to get the list of the categories for the filter. I think that's your problem.

• Thank you received: 12
3 years 10 months ago #319321

Thank you for your reply Nicolas

Unfortunately in the last option of the filter called "category", when i select anything else bellow the top level product category, The filter does not show in the frontend at all.

Furthermore... i just realized that when a product is created, the default value for "Product categories" is the Top level products category. So when a new product is created, if the top level category is not erased, the product is also stored at the top level category, and the top level category shows in the filter. Is there a way so that this field is blank so that selecting a category becomes mandatory?

Thank you in advance!

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 10 months ago #319325

Hi,

Well, you need to specify the "top level product category" in that "category" option as I said.
If you specify a category without sub categories in it, then the filter won't find any category to display and won't display.

Regarding the creation of a product, we automatically set the current category you were in on the listing in the "category" option.
That's to avoid creating a product without category as otherwise you would loose it, since you wouldn't be able to access it, which would be even worst.
I would recommend to leave the "product category" in there and if you want another category, I would recommend to take the habit to first access the category where you want to create the product and then click on the "new" button. That way, you'll directly have the correct category in the product. Furthermore, when you click on "save & close" you'll see it directly on the listing of the products of that category.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds