Filter sorting issue

• Thank you received: 3
8 months 2 weeks ago #354399

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.3
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.1
-- PHP version -- : 8.1

I'm using the hikashop filter, searching in product name and description.
I would like to display the results by relevancy, so if the filter finds a product in the name, order it first.
Also to find an item when just part of thr name is searched.
At the moment I'm trying the "search operators" option.
My problem is, for example if you searching for an apple ipad it's finding everything with apple in description and everywhere and in the list the ipad is on the 10th page.
That's why I would like to prioritize the name somehow, but still need the description as well.
Can I do it somehow?
I think it's make sense

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
8 months 2 weeks ago #354401

Hi,

I understand what you mean but the filtering system doesn't have such a capability.
Instead of using the HikaShop filter system, you could use the Joomla smart search system. It indexes products. This means that each time you save a product, the smart search system retrieves the text of the product and processes it so that when you search, it already has made half of the job and can do more advanced stuff (like suggest words). From what I know, it also has sorting settings to improve results quality:
slides.woluweb.be/smartsearch/smartsearc...search-results-pages
The downside is that the results are displayed by the smart search system, not a HikaShop products listing. So to make the results page look nicer would require some customization work (this whole page in my link is actually mainly about doing this).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds