Not liking the new hikashop checkout a couple of questions

• Thank you received: 3
7 years 1 week ago #265449

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.65

I am not liking the new checkout in version 3 of the cart. In the previous credit card numbers were validated inline as you are tying the credit card. Now there is a submit button in order to validate the credit card with ajax this makes no sense to me. It needs to validate in ajax on mouse out without clicking a submit button. That is not good user interface because you are requiring a user to take an extra step and it is confusing to the end user because there is a next button as well in the checkout. Would you please consider removing the submit button to validate the credit and please make it validate inline with ajax. The current client I have is a very large client and they do not like how this new checkout functions. I realize for now I can stay on legacy, but I do not want to stay on legacy checkout forever.

Thanks,

Josh

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 1 week ago #265471

Hi,

The submit button is not mandatory. You can hide it with CSS if you don't want it. For example, by adding such CSS:
.hikashop_checkout_payment_submit{ display: none; }

And yes, we specifically kept the old checkout as an option for people who would prefer the old checkout.
Please understand that the new checkout is a really big change for us and not everything could be iron out as well as the old checkout on which we spent 7 years perfecting. We need feedbacks like yours and time to be able to implement improvements.
This new checkout is just a new strong base on which we'll be able to build upon in order to go further in the future.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds