• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
1 month 3 weeks ago #359500

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.2
-- HikaSerial version -- : 4.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.3.
-- PHP version -- : 8.2

Hi,

we are using HikaSerial with a PayPal recurring plugin to sell monthly and annual memberships.

One customer asked us to cancel their recurring subscription, so we logged into our PayPal business account, found a subscription there, and canceled it.

However, their subscription is still showing the recurring icon, and we are concerned PayPal will charge her again when her subscription expires:
tinyurl.com/yrdw4yl7

Is this a bug or we did not complete the cancellation steps correctly?

Thanks

Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by jcamus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
1 month 3 weeks ago #359530

Hello,

Paypal should send a notification via the IPN system, I'll perform some tests in order to reproduce your issue and see the nature of the issue.
But since I don't have a Paypal Business account, I would need some details regarding your IPN logs, to be sure that Paypal sent the notification for the cancellation of the subscription.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

1 month 3 weeks ago #359536

Okay no problem, just let me know what you need.

1 month 2 weeks ago #359604

Hello,

Can you access your IPN log in your Paypal dashboard and see if a notification was sent when you cancel the client subscription ?
If so, we need to have some elements of that notification, such as the "txn_type".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

1 month 2 weeks ago #359782

Hi,

sorry for the delay, it took a while to get this done.

There are two IPN messages for cancellations, one for order ID 24733 and the other one for order ID 32442.

Our accounting department canceled both on the same day, but we could never find order 24733 in the HikaShop system.

However, the order 32442 is still there and it is related to the HikaSerial subscription that is still showing the auto-renew icon, as you can see here:

tinyurl.com/28qaz6v5

Here is a folder containing screenshots of PayPal IPN logs:
winescholarguild.sharepoint.com/:f:/s/te...SBS13lcmeuQ?e=ERRMyd

And below are the detailed IPN messages, as this can't be seen entirely from the screenshot:

Message ID
2RX41295HD837652G

txn_type=subscr_cancel&subscr_id=I-60TPKGK0KAH2&last_name=Gould&residence_country=US&mc_currency=USD&item_name=1-Year+Membership&business=ccamus%40winescholarguild.org&amount1=90.00&amount3=90.00&recurring=1&verify_sign=ARhVpGUwmV5Xk1ydtGdKJddVrV3qA4CjtQC4GvLhUUz3WI6aEE92UFyG&payer_status=verified&payer_email=rgould%40ithaca.edu&first_name=Rachel&receiver_email=ccamus%40winescholarguild.org&payer_id=M7GW69X865K8G&invoice=24733&reattempt=1&subscr_date=00%3A30%3A52+Feb+29%2C+2024+PST&charset=windows-1252&notify_version=3.9&period1=1+Y&mc_amount1=90.00&period3=1+Y&mc_amount3=90.00&ipn_track_id=028bbba73722a
Message ID
88Y757418B2571023

txn_type=subscr_cancel&subscr_id=I-GYJNVG9R7ESV&last_name=Gould&residence_country=US&mc_currency=USD&item_name=Total+price&business=ccamus%40winescholarguild.org&amount1=274.00&amount3=125.00&recurring=1&verify_sign=Az4F..E3HSCaP6AXGS1RS9PY4zSVAen2Kp.OZOugglVw2oOjzeliFTGT&payer_status=verified&payer_email=rgould%40ithaca.edu&first_name=Rachel&receiver_email=ccamus%40winescholarguild.org&payer_id=M7GW69X865K8G&invoice=32442&reattempt=1&subscr_date=00%3A14%3A21+Feb+29%2C+2024+PST&charset=windows-1252&notify_version=3.9&period1=1+Y&mc_amount1=274.00&period3=1+Y&mc_amount3=125.00&ipn_track_id=f980043bbdff4

1 month 2 weeks ago #359783

Forgot to mention this:

I noticed the IPN messages are being sent to winescholarguild.org, even though we changed our domain to winescholarguild.com back in November 2023 and the order 32442 was placed in January this year.

There are full redirects in place and the IPNs show a 200 status in PayPal, but let me know if this domain can be changed somewhere in HikaShop.

1 month 1 week ago #359842

Hello,

The IPN is automatically sent to Paypal when the order is created, so Paypal should use that URL for the notification regarding the order.
But for "generic" events, I suppose like subscription cancellation, the default URL is used ; that URL can only be configured in Paypal.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

1 month 1 week ago #359844

Okay but can you tell me why we are still seeing the auto-renewal icon despite a successful IPN cancellation from PayPal?

Thanks

1 month 1 week ago #359880

Hello,

In your screenshot, the URL of the notification indicates a plugin called "wsg_paypal_recurring".
If the official HikaSubscription Paypal recurring plugin is not called, I can't tell you what actions will be performed.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds