-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.31
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 69.0

Hello,

I read a recent post about how to migrate Hikashop in its entirety:
www.hikashop.com/forum/import-export-csv...igrate-hikashop.html

Our situation is a little different...

A couple of month ago, we made a copy of our production site so that we could work on a couple of new products and allow our team to test on this staging site. This testing included the integration of new large components (Easy Profile and Joomdle) that required a lot of config. In the meantime new users were registering and ordering on the old production site. Hikashop config is the same on both sites and were maintained simultaneously except for the new products on the staging site only.

We want to migrate only the new users and their orders from production to the staging site and then take it live.

I plan to migrate the users with one of the import-export extensions you have recommended here: extensions.joomla.org/category/users-import-a-export/

What do I need to do with Hikashop to get the orders over to the staging site? I will be deleting the test users and their test orders so that all of the id's and order numbers will not clash and be ordered sequentially.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 7 months ago #310527

Hi,

What I would recommend is to delete the tables hikashop_order, hikashop_history, hikashop_order_product, hikashop_address and hikashop_user in your staging website database. Then, export the data and structure of these tables from your old website's database.
Then, import it in your new website database.
Then, I think you'll want to click on the "check database" button of the HikaShop configuration to synchronize the new users imported from your old website to the user entries in HikaShop (as they might have a different id). Ideally, the user import/export tool you use would keep the same ids for your users in Joomla and in that case, this would not be necessary.

• Thank you received: 5
4 years 7 months ago #310535

Good Morning Nocolas,

It is somehow possible import data by CSV to a custom field, added to the order table, using the order number as a load reference?

Receive a warm greeting

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 7 months ago #310536

Hi,

There is no import system for orders in HikaShop.
Now, I know that CSVimproved has a feature to import order data to HikaShop:
csvimproved.com/support/import/227-hikas...ikashop-order-import
But I don't know if it can also update the data based on the order number. You'll have to check with them.

The following user(s) said Thank You: dvddvd

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #310561

Thanks, Nicolas. Your recommended approach worked very well indeed. For the user export-import I used the Ukr Solutions extensions and they kept the same Id's. The order numbers were correct and any additional data collected using custom fields was also preserved. Splendid!

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds