Import from Virtuemart is not working

• Thank you received: 0
10 months 3 weeks ago #352163

-- url of the page with the problem -- : probiz.com.au/
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : After click on import from Virtuemart with inserted prefix of VM table. it is showing blank page.

Hello Team,

I am trying to import data from Virtuemart into Hikashop.So I tried to import from Virtuemart option and inserted prefix "pp3_" also tried "pp3_virtuemart_" but first one is showing blank page and second is showing prefix table is not found.

So please help me for this task.
Thanks!!
Sanjeev

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13078
10 months 3 weeks ago #352164

Hi,

It should be just "pp3_"

If you have a blank page when you try running the import, please activate the "debug" setting of the Joomla configuration page and try again to run the import. It should then display the error message on that blank page, allowing us to understand what's going on so that we can tell you what to do.

10 months 3 weeks ago #352172

Hello Nicolas,
I have Enabled Display Error= "Maximum"

But still not showing any error message. Please check it on below URL:

One more thing I am trying to export virtuemart products into Hikashop.
So I have installed CSVI Extension to export products and import them to Hikashop. I exported a CSV file but the fields are not matching with hikashop, and the products have not been successfully imported.

So please check that way as well

My Goal is to upgrade the website from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4
So after this problem will be solved I will move hikashop into Joomla 4.

Thanks
Sanjeev

Last edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by nicolas.

10 months 3 weeks ago #352178

Hi,

1. I can't access your website backend:
i.imgur.com/E6XItCE.png
Also, it's the "debug" setting you need to activate. I didn't talk about the error reporting. So please try again.

2. The CSVI extension will generate a CSV with the columns of VirtueMart. If you want to import that CSV to HikaShop you need to either:
- use CSVI to do the import. It has a nice interface to match the column names from the CSV with the columns in HikaShop.
- open the CSV file in Excel, change the column names to the ones in HikaShop and then run the HikaShop import on the modified CSV.

10 months 3 weeks ago #352196

Hello, Please let me know about your country name which is blocked. So I will do a white list.

10 months 3 weeks ago #352199

Hello Nicolas,

The client has whitelisted your country. so please check again. and I have enabled debugging but not showing errors on blank page while all other pages are showing error messages. So please check once.
I am using CSVI extension already but that is not working perfectly or may be I am not familiar very much. so please guide me.
Thanks!!

10 months 3 weeks ago #352202

Hi,

I checked your backend but I couldn't figure out why you get that blank page.
Could you provide a FTP access so that we can do some debugging to investigate the problem ?
Please go through our contact form to provide credentials privately:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Regarding CSVI, I've never used it myself. So it would be hard guiding you. You probably know it better than me. I would recommend contacting CSVI's support for help on it.

10 months 3 weeks ago #352216

Hi,

Thanks. I found the issue.
Before the import starts, the system actually process the categories in VM to add a level information so that the import can be done more easily afterwards. However, the categories in your VM have incorrect data, which led to the import looping on the level calculations. However, it seems your hosting system has some protection for loops like this, which stops the process before the normal system of PHP would stop itself. However, this led to no error message being displayed, instead of the normal PHP error message which would have guided us to the issue.
I added some extra checks on the VirtueMart import so that even if categories in VirtueMart have incorrect data, it doesn't break the import.
Now this part of the process runs fine on your website. So please try again.
We'll add the patch on our end for the next version of HikaShop.

10 months 3 weeks ago #352223

Hi,
So what is the solutions?
Please tell me?.
Thanks!
sanjeev

10 months 3 weeks ago #352224

Hi,

I've added the fix on your website already. So there is nothing to do. You can just run the import from VM now.
I basically changed the line:

'WHERE category_parent_id IN ('."'".implode("','",$childs)."'".');';
to:
'WHERE category_parent_id IN ('."'".implode("','",$childs)."'".') AND level < 1;';
in administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/import/vm2.php

10 months 3 weeks ago #352244

Hello Nicolas,
Thanks for your help.

I have imported it, but there are some field data missing. like description, images and other information.
Please check it.

Thanks!
Sanjeev

10 months 3 weeks ago #352245

Hi,

For images, you might need to copy the files manually from the folder where they are located to images/com_hikashop/upload/
For some reasons, in some cases the copy doesn't work in the import.

Also, I do see the description and images for most of the products imported. So this means there was probably some kind of plugin or custom mod of VirtueMart or a combination of settings for these products where it didn't work, where the data was not where the import system expects them to be. You'll have to add the data manually for these I'm afraid.

10 months 3 weeks ago #352270

Hello Nicolas,
I checked there are some wrong images assigned to products, you can verify virtuemart product images. So please check it.
and why is hikashop unable to import full and correct data?

We have bought the business version and this is useless now.

10 months 3 weeks ago #352271

Hi,

Please note that we have a money back policy if you want to quit:
www.hikashop.com/money-back-policy.html

Importing "full and correct data" is difficult. Things change between versions of software, different settings, and extra plugins and customizations can change things up further. The issue you had with the categories level calculations is something no one else had so far. I believe you must have some strange things going on with the data of your VM, which is not standard.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds