Export

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
5 months 2 weeks ago #356564

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.12.
-- PHP version -- : 8.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 119.0.1 (64bit)

Hi How do i do a full export of all the products, products information, price and all the phots. What i need to do is export it from joomla 3 to a new site i am going to build on joomla 4 or 5.

Thanks in advance for all your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
5 months 2 weeks ago #356578

Hi,

The simplest is to click on the "export" button of the products listing in your backend, import that CSV in the Products>Import menu of your new HikaShop, and then move the images and files of the products from the images/com_hikashop/upload/ and media/com_hikashop/upload/safe/ folders to the same folders on your new website via FTP.
Now, the export/import processes are quite resources hungry and they are not perfect either. For example, if the id of the user groups change between the two websites and you're using the "access level" setting in your products, the groups won't match anymore on the new website.

An alternative is to export the tables with "hikashop_" in your PHPMyAdmin and import the exported file via the interface of the PHPMyAdmin of the new website. What's great with that is that you can not only get back the products data but also the order history, the customers addresses, your previous configuration of HikaShop, etc.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 3 weeks ago #358056

Hi

Thanks for all the help... I will give it ago will this work for Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 - i am building a new site on Joomla 4 -- The site at the moment is on Joomla 3.

J

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds