Mass rename with export-import

• Thank you received: 3
3 months 1 week ago #358445

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.02
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.3

Hi,
I need to rename a lots of my products to match to the new design of the site. (need shorter names)

If I export all my products should I keep the whole exported csv or there is an option to keep just the id and product_name column?

My problem is there are a lots of products and my excel is always crash when I try to edit the full csv.

Or is there any other option to rename the products without open them one by one, save, find the next one...etc...?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
3 months 6 days ago #358446

Hi,

You could use a mass action.
In the menu System>Mass actions, create a new one with an action "display the results" and select the "product_name" column.
This will display a list of the products (you might need to add a filter to do that one category at a time to avoid the page crashing if there are too many products). In that list, you can double click on the product name to edit it and then validate.

Also, you can use the export action of a mass action to export the product data. And with it, you can select the columns you want in the CSV. That way, you could have only the product_id and product_name.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Petike1007

• Thank you received: 3
3 months 6 days ago #358459

Oh great...I didn't know I can edit the list in the "Display the results" action. Thanks

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds