• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Essential
3 months 5 days ago #358482

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.2
-- PHP version -- : 8.2.14
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 122.0, Opera 88.0.4412.53
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

I am trying to import 28 product names into HikaShop but the procedure never finishes. The activity indicators on the two browsers that I tried just keep spinning.

I have tried importing a single column CSV file in which the first cell is: product_name. I have also tried importing from the text area. Neither method works.

When Joomla System Debug is enabled, it shows no errors. I see no errors in the console of the browser's web developer tool.

Charles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
3 months 5 days ago #358489

Hi,

Can you provide a copy of your CSV file so that we can try it on our end ?

• Hikashop Essential
3 months 4 days ago #358505

I have created several variations of my CSV file to test the import function. You are correct in suspecting that the file has a problem.
There are three CSV files attached.

product name only.csv is readable.
product_name only.csv is readable.
product_name and one simple product name.csv never loads.

These tests were run on a Kubuntu 23.10 computer. I also have Linux Mint and Windows 10 available.

File Attachment:

File Name: productnameonly.csv
File Size:0 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: product_na...24-2.csv

File Attachment:

File Name: product_na...1-24.csv

Charles
Attachments:

3 months 4 days ago #358508

Hi,

Thanks. I found the issue and made a patch.
Download again the install package of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours to get the patch.

• Hikashop Essential
3 months 3 days ago #358540

I have downloaded and installed com_hikashop_starter_v5.0.3_2024-01-25_18-45-20.tar.gz.

It almost works. I tried to import a CSV file that lists 28 products. Upon import, HikaShop reports, "1 products found : 1 new products imported, 0 invalid product code, 0 already existing products." Then I open the Products page but none of the products from the CSV file are listed.

I step back and try to import the product_name and one simple product name.csv file above. HikaShop now responds, "1 products found : 1 new products imported, 0 invalid product code, 0 already existing products." That new product has found its way into the Products list.

Then I created a new CSV file with two products: product_name and two simple product names.csv. When imported, HikaShop returns, "1 products found : 1 new products imported, 0 invalid product code, 0 already existing products." Unfortunately, the HikaShop import function has added just one new product with a concatenated name. The two product names, Steering Wheel – Alcantara and Steering Wheel – Leather, appear as a single new product named Steering Wheel – AlcantaraSteering Wheel – Leather.

Charles
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 months 3 days ago by cmb.

2 months 4 weeks ago #358723

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I looked into it and found the issue for this. Download again the install package of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours and you'll get the patch.

• Hikashop Essential
2 months 3 weeks ago #358860

I installed the new HikaShop Starter 5.0.3 [2402021248]. The product import function now works as expected.
(I also installed HikaShop Essential 5.0.3 [2402021248] that also works well.)

Charles
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by cmb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds