Export virtuemart Multilanguage products to Hikashop business

• Thank you received: 0
2 months 1 week ago #359137

Hello all,

We want to move away from Virtuemart for several reasons. We use Yootheme pro as a framework and want to use Hikashop as an online store.

To ask:

Can we import the multilingual data from virtuemart into Hikashop, if so how do we do that (prepare in hika and export from virtue)?
Should the virtuemart installation be on the same website as the Hikashop installation (for import into hika)?

We have a very old messy J3 so I want to have the VM data from it in Hikashop and use it to build a completely new site in J5, how do we do this.
I don't want to put Hikashop in the old site and then have to take it out again for the new website, at least not if it is not necessary.

All tips are welcome.

Question: We want to be able to use the VAT check for every country within the EU because we have to deal with VAT reverse charge. Outside the EU is always ex VAT.
Does the Hikashop online VAT check work for us in the above manner?

Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Jheroen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
2 months 1 week ago #359143

No one knows this?

• Thank you received: 13071
2 months 1 week ago #359140

Hi,

The migration tool included in HikaShop to import data from VM doesn't support translations.
The product CSV import tool in HikaShop does support translations.
You can read more about this here for example:
www.hikashop.com/forum/import-export-csv...-in-2-languages.html
However, if you want to use the CSV import tool in HikaShop to import translations, that means you would first have to be able to export the translations from VM. I suppose there is no mechanism for this, but maybe I'm wrong ?
I know that RO CSVI has the capability to import the translations to VM, but I don't think it can export them. Or maybe it can ? And is this even possible on the last working version of RO CSVI for Joomla 3 ? You would have to check with them.
But even then, the format of the CSV won't be the same as what HikaShop expects, so it will require some fiddling in Excel.
I know RO CSVI has a complete tutorial on migrating data from VM to HikaShop:
csvimproved.com/support/questions-and-an...d-import-to-hikashop
But it doesn't mention translations.

Regarding the migration with the tool in HikaShop, the best is to have HikaShop on the same website as VM. But it's also possible to migrate the data of VM from another website. There is a "VM table prefix" setting for that in the import interface. Note that it means that the VM tables need to be in the same database as HikaShop's tables. You can have many Joomla websites in the same database, as long as they use different table prefixes.

Regarding the VAT number check, it uses the API of the VIES service:
ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/#/vat-validation
This ensures that when the customer provides his VAT number, this VAT number is legit, and validated for intra EU transactions, which means that you can then configure your tax rules to exempt him from the VAT.
That's basically what we use on our own website. I invite you to check it if you want. You'll see that based on the country of your address, the VAT calculated at the end will be different (because we have to charge the tax rate of the country of the customer) and if you enter a valid VAT number for your country, then the VAT will be removed completely. And similarly, if your country is outside the EU, then VAT won't be charged. So our website is setup like you would need yours to be setup since you're also in the EU.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds