Imported customers, orders, order history etc into Joomla 4 and they don't show

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
1 month 3 weeks ago #359535

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.20
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 122.0.6261.95

I had a chance to install the tables from my clients Joomla 3 installation into her revised Joomla 4 site, so I carefully imported by CSV everything specific to the old installation, including Joomla Users and the Hikashop Customers. Now when I try to view those groups (plus the orders, order history, etc), nothing shows up in Joomla 4 other than my record, the original Super User.

I'm assuming that the problem is a missing cross-reference from one table to the other, but I cannot figure it out. Naturally my client has people who want to sign up this week, and I'm stuck, unable to display the old data so that past clients don't have to sign up again.

Where do I look to solve the problem, especially the users and the orders?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 month 3 weeks ago #359538

Hi,

The id of the users in the Joomla "users" table is probably different from what it was before.
And the "user_cms_id" of the users in the "hikashop_user" table must still contain the old user id not the new one.
Supposing that this is the case, you can click on the "check database" button of the HikaShop configuration. It will re synchronize the user ids.

• Hikashop Business
1 month 3 weeks ago #359552

I have fallen into the User ID trap before, so I knew to import the old User IDs for Hikashop AND the old Joomla CMS User IDs. It's not working. And System | Maintenance | Database | Update Structure did nothing.

Where else do I look?

• Thank you received: 13071
1 month 3 weeks ago #359553

Hi,

The "update structure" of Joomla won't do anything.
I was not talking about this. I was talking about the "check database" button of the HikaShop configuration page:
i.imgur.com/mRGeTvs.png

If that doesn't help, then I don't see what the problem is. I would need to get access to the backend of the website, get a user access with the issue to check the situation on the frontend, and an access to PHPMyAdmin to check the data in the database in order to say what to do.

• Hikashop Business
1 month 3 weeks ago #359572

Well finding out about the Check Database feature is helpful, but it didn't fix the problem. Turns out there were two databases, one from an earlier installation and that's where the files went. I've imported a few tables into the correct database and now I am seeing the users.

Thanks for the pointer in the right direction. We can close this thread.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds