Cant upload photos

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 11 months ago #306429

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.40
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 74.0.3729.131
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : **Parsing errors in language files**
JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_system_jumi.ini : error(s) in line(s) 1, 2, 11, 12

I have the just broughed the buisness version but Im not able to upload photos in products, categories etc... When I try the upload box turns red insted af green and the photo dont show up.

I can see the photos are uploaded to the folder /public_html/images/com_hikashop/upload/

But beside the file that is uploaded a file ending .webp is created.

I also have the issue that ever like 5 time when i click a link I get an 404 error, If i update the page then it loads. Not sure if there is a patch issue or something.

I have the free version I have used for testing on another domain name and there I dont face any issues.

Please advice.

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Gerner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
4 years 11 months ago #306475

Hi,

I'm not sure what it could be.
Could you provide a backend access so that we could have a look at the situation ?
Please use our contact form for that and include a link to this thread in your message:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

4 years 11 months ago #306585

Thanks - Info is send. Looking forward for the reply.

4 years 11 months ago #306605

Hi,

When I look at the response from the server during an upload on your website, I see that it looks like a 404 SEF URL routing error page from the frontend: monosnap.com/file/h00jp3fgwpNLqekHGnouVMlPaCDYX9
This should never happen in the backend as the SEF routing is not used there.
In fact, I get the same issue with the + button which is supposed to open the image selection:
monosnap.com/file/d4ybKtIDyskOpuRsxx8x3sZ9cdJ00O
What's even strange is that if I look at the upload folder with the Joomla Media manager, I do see the images, so they did get uploaded. It's just the display of the data back to the javascript on the page which didn't work.
I don't know why this happens though. Would you have some changes in the .htaccess file of your website compared to the default one of Joomla ? Or maybe it's something related to the hosting setup ?
I also thought about strange plugins of the group system which could affect the display of the page after the rendering of the page, but I didn't see plugins which seemed strange on your website.

4 years 11 months ago #306627

Hi Thanks for taking time to test it. I see the same issues as you do.

I installed the starter version on a test domain name on the same server and here everythig works as it should. I can upload photos etc...

No changes in the htaccess is done, I can also upload photos in the joomla using the script in there.

When a photo is upload using Hika modul in Joomla I can see there also is created a file called .webp - that is not normal.

Please advice I really need this to work. You are welcome to check other options on my site like the htaccess file.

Looking forward for your reply.

4 years 11 months ago #306629

Hi,

The webp image is a feature we've added in HikaShop 4.1.0
This allows for faster page rendering for browsers supporting it:
developers.google.com/speed/webp/
When you say that you tested on another website on the same server with the Starter edition, did you also use the 4.1.0 ?
Also, if you use the Essential 4.1.0 on that other website, do you have the problem too ?
Knowing these would also us to know if the problem comes from the differences between the Starter and the Essential edition (which I don't thing is the case), or the differences between an old version of Hikashop and the latest (which could be related to the changes we made for the support of webp), or the other extensions you have on the first website where you have the issue and the other one where you don't have the issue.

4 years 11 months ago #306645

Thanks for the update.

This is the starter version I use (should be the newest):
HikaShop Starter 4.0.3 [1905010921]
Under the "Update / About" the Hika shop also say:
You have the latest stable version of HikaShop Starter: 4.0.3

This is the starter Business I use (should be the newest):
HikaShop Business 4.1.0 [1905101046]

So in the test site I use version: HikaShop Starter 4.0.3 [1905010921]
and on the real site I use version: HikaShop Business 4.1.0 [1905101046]

When I was done testing the starter version I brought the Business version and installed it on the site you have access to. I set it up using the same settings as on the starter site.

Both sites are on the same server just under 2 different cpanel accounts. So both sits are have settings etc. Joomla also uses the newest version (the same version) on both sites.

If you need I can give you access to the starter version too?

BTW I have just tried unstall Hikashop Business and install it on my main site again and I still face the same issue.

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Gerner.

4 years 11 months ago #306658

Hi,

HikaShop Starter also has a 4.1.0 but we didn't activate the auto update yet as we just released it and we're waiting for more feedback to make sure that people updating won't have a problem we couldn't catch with our tests.
So on your test website, if you want to test with the 4.1.0 Starter edition, just download the install package of the Starter edition on our website and install it. That will do the update. Then, you'll see if you have the same issue.
Then, you can ugrade to the Business edition in the same way there as to check whether there is a difference between the Starter and the Business edition.

Supposing that the issue comes from a compatibility problem between your server setup or other extensions of your website and the addition of the webp format support of the 4.1.0, you can add an entry with the namekey add_webp_images and the value 0 in the hikashop_config table via your PHPMyAdmin. That will disable the webp support.

4 years 11 months ago #306690

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have just installed the starter 4.1.0 and tried adding a product with photo on the test site. After that I tried install the HikaShop Business: 4.1.0 on the test site and I was still able to upload photos in the products.

So its working on the test site with the HikaShop Business: 4.1.0.

This means you are right that its something on the main site that causes this issue. You suggest:
Supposing that the issue comes from a compatibility problem between your server setup or other extensions of your website and the addition of the webp format support of the 4.1.0, you can add an entry with the namekey add_webp_images and the value 0 in the hikashop_config table via your PHPMyAdmin. That will disable the webp support.
I have no idea to do this right. IS it something you can help me with so I can get my HikaShop Business: 4.1.0. up and running?

Hope to hear from you :)

4 years 11 months ago #306705

Hi,

You are fantastic. I add the namekey to the database and now I can upload photos etc. PERFECT- THANKS :)

This means that something did not work with the new option in the 4.1.0V - webp

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds