How to set up free delivery for one customer

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 9 months ago #307463

My client has one customer who places lots of orders and would like to NOT charge for delivery. He has set up two discounts for him already for different amounts that relate to various categories. What is the simplest way to achieve this? Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 9 months ago #307466

Hi,

The simplest is to create a new manual shipping method with a price of 0 and the "access level" set to a user group attached only to that user account.
That way, only him will see that free shipping method. You can also use the "access level" setting of the other shipping methods to restrict them to the other user groups so that he doesn't see the other shipping methods.

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 9 months ago #307531

Thanks. I set this up on the customers account. I also set up on my test account and when I did an order from that it worked perfectly showing the Free Delivery option only already selected.

But when the client did an order later in the day delivery was still showing on the backend order details - see attached.

Have I missed something? How can I test using his account?

Thanks Paul

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 9 months ago #307533

Hi,

Create another user account with the exact same user groups and you should see the same thing as him.
Note that if he is in several user groups he will have access to all the shipping methods of all the user groups.
So if he was in the "registered" user group, and you added a new user group to his account, and you configured the UPS shipping methods to be available to all the user groups except that new user group, then it's normal he still sees it as he is in the registered user group which has access to that shipping method. You would have to remove him from the "registered" user group and make sure that this new user group has the same joomla ACLs as the "registered" user group so that he can still login on the frontend like other users.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds