Upgrading Hikashop Essential

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
4 years 8 months ago #308193

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.6
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 68.0b14 (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error messages. I know, it's surprising as the Joomla and Hikashop versions are not supposed to work together...

What would be the best way to upgrade Hikashop 2.6.4 Essential to the latest version? Currently, 4.1.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
4 years 8 months ago #308203

Hi,

We don't guarantee that it will work, and based on how you configured your HikaShop you might or might not see issues with a 2.6.4 on a 3.9.6.

Regarding your update to the 4.1.0, the best is to do a copy of the website and see how the update works there.
If it's all good then you can do it on your live website (it's possible that everything works fine after the update without doing anything... again, it depends on how your shop is configured and customized).
Now if you find issues with the add to cart / checkout, the first thing you want to check is to turn off the "add to cart legacy" and "checkout legacy" settings of the HikaShop configuration to switch to the new add to cart and checkout system (which work much better than the old ones you're using).

The following user(s) said Thank You: ezoer

• Hikashop Essential
4 years 8 months ago #308618

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks, I've just updated the development site with version 4.2.0 and all appears to be good. I have two remaining questions:

1. The package I've downloaded is: com_hikashop_starter_v4.2.0_2019-07-13_11-21-22.tar.gz, however the version reported is: HikaShop Starter 4.1.0 [1907130705]. I'm guessing this is a software build omission and I'm actually runnng 4.2.0
2. The options to turn of the legacy cart system you've mentioned do not appear under System -> Configuration. I was just wondering if I'm missing something or whether these settings are actually located somewhere else.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Erwin

• Hikashop Essential
4 years 8 months ago #308620

FYI, you can ignore question 2. I've already found the option to enable/disable legacy options including the cart system.

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 8 months ago #308621

Hello,

1 - Please re-download the package, there was a non upgrade version value in the HikaShop starter install.

Regards,.

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 1
2 years 2 months ago #338537

Hi

I am performing an update from HS Business 2.6.4. to 4.4.5 and I can't find the 'Add to cart legacy' option in System -> Configuration -> Advanced,

Can you help me please in finding it?

Ajax update of the cart does not work.

Regards,

Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by bendegoose.

2 years 2 months ago #338540

Hi,

That option has been removed.
The add to cart is always as if that option is turned off.

So your add to cart not working is not linked to this.
Please provide a link to a page with the issue so that we can look at the situation to tell you what's wrong.

2 years 2 months ago #338598

Hi,

I can't provide a link because I am preparing the upgrade locally, I can't install it on live server until all the issues are solved and all the upgraded modules operate properly.

I try to narrow down the issue. Is there any hint where to start?

Is it possible that first I should upgrade to 3.x.x from 2.6.4 instead of upgrading directly to 4.4.5?

2 years 2 months ago #338603

Hi,

No, it won't change anything.
Without knowing how it doesn't work it will be hard to tell you what to do.
Try with the default Joomla template. If it helps, try renaming the folder template/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/ (if you have it). If it sovles the issue with the template, then it's likely caused by an old override in one of the files in that folder.
It could also be that the HikaShop cart notify plugin is turned off, or not configured properly and thus it doesn't display any notification after the add to cart.
Or it could be linked to a javascript error on the page (check the console of your browser on the page to see if you have an error message there).

The following user(s) said Thank You: bendegoose

2 years 2 months ago #338612

Ok, thank you!
Anyway the small popup in the top right corner (showing the added product) appears properly when an item is added to the cart.
I do not know if it narrows down possible areas

2 years 2 months ago #338637

Hi,

Well, if you get the notification popup that says that the product has been added successfully to the cart, how do you know that the product is not added to the cart then ?

2 years 2 months ago #338652

Hi,

Perhaps I was not clear enough but I wrote in this topic, because I had exactly the same phenomene like the guy had who started this topc: -> No immediate update in the cart, only after reloading the page.

But I followed your instructions, tested with another template and it turned out you were right, an override made for the old version caused the issue, so now cart works fine.

Thanks for the support!

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds