Upgrading Hikashop Essential

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
3 months 1 week ago #308193

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.6
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 68.0b14 (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error messages. I know, it's surprising as the Joomla and Hikashop versions are not supposed to work together...

What would be the best way to upgrade Hikashop 2.6.4 Essential to the latest version? Currently, 4.1.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9946
3 months 1 week ago #308203

Hi,

We don't guarantee that it will work, and based on how you configured your HikaShop you might or might not see issues with a 2.6.4 on a 3.9.6.

Regarding your update to the 4.1.0, the best is to do a copy of the website and see how the update works there.
If it's all good then you can do it on your live website (it's possible that everything works fine after the update without doing anything... again, it depends on how your shop is configured and customized).
Now if you find issues with the add to cart / checkout, the first thing you want to check is to turn off the "add to cart legacy" and "checkout legacy" settings of the HikaShop configuration to switch to the new add to cart and checkout system (which work much better than the old ones you're using).

The following user(s) said Thank You: ezoer

• Hikashop Essential
3 months 23 hours ago #308618

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks, I've just updated the development site with version 4.2.0 and all appears to be good. I have two remaining questions:

1. The package I've downloaded is: com_hikashop_starter_v4.2.0_2019-07-13_11-21-22.tar.gz, however the version reported is: HikaShop Starter 4.1.0 [1907130705]. I'm guessing this is a software build omission and I'm actually runnng 4.2.0
2. The options to turn of the legacy cart system you've mentioned do not appear under System -> Configuration. I was just wondering if I'm missing something or whether these settings are actually located somewhere else.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Erwin

• Hikashop Essential
3 months 22 hours ago #308620

FYI, you can ignore question 2. I've already found the option to enable/disable legacy options including the cart system.

• Thank you received: 3681
3 months 4 hours ago #308621

Hello,

1 - Please re-download the package, there was a non upgrade version value in the HikaShop starter install.

Regards,.

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds