Preorder Deposit

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 9 months ago #308794

-- HikaShop version -- : business 3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8

Hi, i just purchased preorder plugin from your site,

And there is 2 function i need which i cant find where it is.

1. Is there any option that allow admin to configure the pre product only collect deposit like 20% of the full amount, then collect the rest after the product is arrived?
2. is there any option to configure the product preorder closed by date instead of product quantity?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 9 months ago #308856

Hello,

1 - No, the plugin cannot interfere with the payment methods. It would be impossible to just collect a partial amount of the product price in a generic way (and it would also need a way to collect the rest of the amount)

2 - You can use the product sales dates.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 9 months ago #308867

Hi there. thanks for the reply. That would be a shame that the admin cant configure a value in which is a partial amount (either in percentage or a value) of the full price as that's usually how pre-order works.

Maybe there's a need to tweak the product features description as that's what it literally means which is pretty misleading. Please refer screenshot
"Customer can pre-order for the value you have configured".

The most important feature of a pre-order is to ensure:
1) Admin can set a partial (either $ or %) of the full price so that user can pay deposit amount for the product and in full when item arrives (with notification)
2) setting the pre-order start date and end date so that it can only be placed during that period
3) qty available for pre-order. So that allows dealers to set a limit as to how many orders it can take for this item before closing.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 9 months ago #308895

Hello,

That would be a shame that the admin cant configure a value in which is a partial amount (either in percentage or a value) of the full price as that's usually how pre-order works.

The pre-order plugin allow to have a specific quantity that you allow to sell even if you do not have that stock.
But the payment part is related to the payment platform, I'm sure that you understand that it will be almost impossible that all HikaShop payment plugin will be compatible with a system which will allow the customer to pay one part of the order at start, and the rest... later (and we don't even know when it should be).

I don't see what could be misleading in the sentence wrote in the description.
The pre-order plugin take a value for the quantity stock that you authorize to sell without having the stock.
So the customer can pre-order for the value you have configured.
But you wrote the same thing :

3) qty available for pre-order. So that allows dealers to set a limit as to how many orders it can take for this item before closing.

Your "limit" is just the value of the available pre-order stock. Which is, the main (and only) goal of the plugin.

I would rather recommend you to use an "authorize/capture" payment plugin for your payment need.
That is not the goal of the pre-order plugin and if I add such kind of feature, it would be a new plugin with another price.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds