I need to create site that displays prices in Euros

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 1 month ago #316186

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : latest

Hello, my site sites default currency is £. But when someone is logged in with a Poland address, I want them to see prices in Euros ideally. I can't find a way of doing this. Hikashop recognises his location and presents the correct shipping method for that country but not the local currency.

Assuming this is not possible I tried to activate the Currency Switcher module but it is not there in module manager. I have reinstalled the latest version (business) and it is still not there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 1 month ago #316205

I found it as shown on your documentation - but it does not show in Modules Manager - how do I assign position etc?

• Thank you received: 1778
4 years 1 month ago #316206

Hello,

That's weird, you'll just have to create a new content menu of the type "HikaShop Currency Switcher Module".

Also, regarding the "Hikashop Geolocation Plugin" you should set the "Set currency" option to yes if you want the currency to dynamically change.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Thank you received: 747
4 years 1 month ago #316219

Mohamed Thelji wrote: ... you'll just have to create a new content menu of the type "HikaShop Currency Switcher Module".

Hi,

That's a typo... should be "create a new module of the type...".

Means, in Joomla's module manager, click "new" and find it in the list.
If it's not in the list, go to Extensions -> Managa -> Manage, search for "currency", and make sure the module is enabled there.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

• Hikashop Business
4 years 1 month ago #316224

I assumed the module would already be there and was looking in the manager - but have now created a new module of that type. Maybe the documentation should be updated to make this clear? Currently, it just says search for Currency Switcher, it assumes one is already created.

As always thanks for the great support.

• Thank you received: 13063
4 years 1 month ago #316229

Hi,

An instance of the currency switcher is created by default when HikaShop is being installed for the first time on the website.
If you don't have it, it means that either you're using a template pack with HikaShop preinstalled and that module missing, or you removed it from the website at some point, or there was a problem during the installation process.
That's why the documentation is written like that

• Hikashop Business
4 years 1 month ago #316241

OK thanks - it must have been deleted at some point in the past for some reason. :)

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds