Can't Save some Joomla functions after reinstalling

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
3 years 10 months ago #321062

-- url of the page with the problem -- : facianohair.com
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.8

Hello,

I reinstalled Hikashop 2.5 starter and business version in the website, and found some error signals. I then restored the whole hosting and some redirect problem happened, but it seems works now. But I can't save some functions when clicking like " Allow User Registration" and article changing, they can't be saved. Do you have recommedation how to fix them? Thank you a lot. See attachment.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 10 months ago #321076

I found the current Hikashop is 2.6 starter and the Hikashop platform is messy as attachment too.
Is it because if PHP version 7.3.11?

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13068
3 years 10 months ago #321100

Hi,

HikaShop 2.5 and 2.6 are not compatible with either Joomla 3.9 or PHP 7.3. So you need to update to a recent version of HikaShop.
The current version is the 4.3.0

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 10 months ago #321106

Hi,

If I upgrade Hikashop, will the Joomla problem like "Allow User Registration" and article saving be solved too?

3 years 10 months ago #321110

If these problems come from HikaShop, yes. Note that we never tested the 2.5 or the 2.6 with your version of Joomla and your version of PHP, so we don't know what kind of problems are possible with them.

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 10 months ago #321153

Hi,

I upgraded Hikashop 4.3 and it shows error message as attachment. Please help. Thank you, Nicolas.

Attachments:

3 years 10 months ago #321155

Hi,

The installation didn't work for some reason. It's not a bug in HikaShop.
First extract the install package on your local computer and upload the folders and their files in the tmp folder of your website via FTP.
Rename the folders administrator/components/com_hikashop/ and components/com_hikashop to something else via FTP.
Then, run the "install from folder" of the joomla extension installer and specify the tmp folder where you uploaded all the folders/files of the install package of HikaShop.
This should circumvent the problem you have.

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 10 months ago #321185

Hi Nicolas,

Could you write more clearly? I am afraid I'll ruin the website.

1) Extract the install package on your local computer and upload the folders and their files in the tmp folder of your website via FTP.----
I named a new folder called "tmp", and put all of the Hikashop Essencial extract folders there?

2) Rename the folders administrator/components/com_hikashop/ and
components/com_hikashop to something else via FTP.

Why can't I rename on Cpanel file management? Which folder? The existing ones on the website? Or the extract files going to upload? What name should be? Before uploading or after?
3)
Then, run the "install from folder" of the joomla extension installer and specify the tmp folder where you uploaded all the folders/files of the install package of HikaShop.
Where should I put the tmp file? in public_html/en my website folder?
4) Which FTP app is good for Mac OS?

3 years 10 months ago #321188

Hi,

1. You already have a tmp folder in your website root folder. It's created by Joomla when you install it. So you can just create a sub folder in that tmp folder. For example, you can name it "hikashop".

2. You can do it via the file manager of cpanel if you have such tool at your disposal.
I'm talking about the existing folders. The names can be whatever. For example com_hikashop_old instead of com_hikashop
Whether you do that before or after you upload the files and folders of the package doesn't matter. However, I would recommend you do that after as the uploading will take a while and between the point where you rename these folders and the time you run the installation, your website won't work properly.

3. As I said, Joomla already has a tmp folder. So if you put your files in public_html/en/tmp/hikashop then you can enter that path in your Joomla extension installer interface.

4. I'm not familiar with Mac OS apps. However, it seems that FileZilla is available for Mac OS, and that's the application I would recommend on Windows: filezilla-project.org/download.php?platform=osx

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 9 months ago #321370

Hi Nicolas,

First time I only indicate /public_html/en/tmp/
so it installed all including install_57abde7838650
Second time I installed from /public_html/en/tmp/hikashop/
Third time I installed from /public_html/en/tmp/hikashop/com_hikashop_essential_v4.3.0_2020-06-16_12-12-16

All fail. Please help. Appreciate that.

Attachments:

3 years 9 months ago #321398

Hi,

You need to enter the full path.
From your screenshot, it looks like the full path is: /home/facian6/public_html/en/tmp/hikashop/com_hikashop_essential_v4.3.0_2020-06-16_12-12-16
So that's what you need to enter. And you need to make sure that that folder has all the folders and files of the HikaShop install package: media , language, front, cli, back, install.hikashop.php etc as well as the sub folders and files in them.
Then it will definitely work.

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 9 months ago #321400

I did enter full path and uploaded everything, but it failed.....

Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by clairewang.

3 years 9 months ago #321460

Hi,

I don't see why it wouldn't work. If it says that it doesn't find the package, it means that the path you entered in not the correct one.
I can do it for you, but I would then need a backend and a FTP access.
You can provide that along with a link to this thread via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 9 months ago #321618

Hi Nicolas,
Please see attachment. Still can't. I just sent you the backend info by the form. Appreciate your help.

Attachments:

3 years 9 months ago #321632

Hi,

Well, first I was able to run the install. The folder to use was /home/facian6/public_html/en/tmp/hikashop/com_hikashop_essential_v4.3.0 on your website as that's where you had uploaded the files of the install package.

However, the issue in the backend is still there. And I don't understand what's going on on your website.
If I look at the main javascript file of HikaShop on your website, I see this:
facianohair.com/media/com_hikashop/js/hikashop.js ( which is the code of a really old version of the hikashop.js file, and which doesn't contain all the javascript code for the interface to work properly.
But if I download that same file in your FTP /public_html/en/media/com_hikashop/js/hikashop.js I get the latest version javascript code of that file.
So I don't understand how your server/website is able to do that.
It's as if your server what getting the file /public_html/media/com_hikashop/js/hikashop.js instead of /public_html/en/media/com_hikashop/js/hikashop.js
But the root of your website is /public_html/en/ and not /public_html/
So I think you have some messed up server configuration...
The easy solution would be to copy the files from public_html/en/media/com_hikashop/ to public_html/media/com_hikashop/
However, I would recommend to properly fix the settings of your server as you'll have the same problem with future updates of HikaShop and other extensions or even joomla if the correct files are not loaded.

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 9 months ago #321649

Hello Nicolas,

Thank you very much for the help.
the root public_html is old joomla 2.5 version, which is old website of facianohair.com
The current running one is sub folder public_html/en with newer version.
Somehow after updating the Hikashop to 4.3 the whole root and subfolders mess up because PHP version can't support both. Could I have your help to see the .htaccess and redirect things in the backend? Because even hosting company mess them up and though I wanna run the root one. Appreciate that.

3 years 9 months ago #321656

Hi,

I'm sorry but I'm not an expert at setting up servers or htaccess so I'm not sure what needs to be done or how to do it.
And on top of that, that's outside HikaShop support.
I would recommend to hire a professional in that area to help you.
If you don't know where to look, I would recommend searching here: resources.joomla.org/

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 9 months ago #322129

Hi Nicolas,

You said,
"The easy solution would be to copy the files from public_html/en/media/com_hikashop/ to public_html/media/com_hikashop/"
But the other part backend also has Java problem, like I can't save the article and can't save the user configuration turning off.
Because webhosting mess up the problem, they can't find why. Would you please recommend maybe copy more files instead of only media hikashop file to root folder?

Appreciate your help.

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 9 months ago #322130

Hello,

Nicolas gave a solution in order to fix the HikaShop javascript problem. We can't say for the root folder.
Unfortunately, the rest of your Joomla backend issues are not coming from HikaShop and is outside the limits of our support.
As previously said, you should find a professional to help you with that server configuration and set-up.

We hope that you will find a solution for your issue.

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Essential
3 years 9 months ago #322289

Hello,

Since the problem seems the mismatched installed old version and then new version of Hikashop, would you do me a favor fix by your easy solution for me? Since I can't use Hikashop at all after buying your product. Appreciate that.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds