PayPal Adaptive API

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikaauction Standard
3 years 8 months ago #322214

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0

Hi there,

I've just been trying to set up the PayPal adaptive API plugin for Joomla, and it doesn't look like this API is available?

Obviously, I need to automate paying vendors, so how do I go about doing that?

Thanks,

Tamara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 8 months ago #322231

Hello,

For your questions regarding HikaMarket, please post in the HikaMarket section of the forum.

Paypal still support the Adaptive API but they decided to consider that API "deprecated" and do not deliver new accounts for it.
The Paypal Adaptive plugin in HikaMarket is also compatible with the classical mode of Paypal and allow customers to pay directly the vendors.

Plugins with "adaptive" API became rare, there is still MangoPay and Stripe Connect.
We are thinking about "braintree" which is the reason why Paypal drop its "adaptive" API, but with Paypal it's always complicated to know for how long they will support a "product".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikaauction Standard
3 years 8 months ago #322236

Hi,

Thanks. I am in Canada. MangoPay does not work here.

If someone pays my store, will it automatically pay me and the vendor?

Because that's what I am looking for - a "chained" payment, which is what I believe PayPal Adaptive was?

Thanks.

3 years 8 months ago #322269

Hello,

Paypal Adaptive (when you have an account) allow to pay you and your vendor in the same time.
Otherwise, you OR your vendor would be paid and you need another transaction to pay your vendor (via the HikaMarket backend, with a good paypal integration) or ask your vendors to pay you (using an HikaShop order).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikaauction Standard
3 years 8 months ago #322272

Hi,

That's not great... means extra fees for transactions.

When will you be developing a system that works a little better?

There is apparently a PayPal api that can do this?

Thanks.

• Hikaauction Standard
3 years 8 months ago #322278

Okay, I can't find any information about how I go about paying vendors? Please link to the detailed instructions for that, since it seems I have to do it manually. Can't find anything about it myself.

Thanks.

• Hikaauction Standard
3 years 8 months ago #322279

Hi,

Before I spend more money on something that won't work, if I buy the Stripe V3 Connect plugin, will it allow me to do chained payments?

Please advise. I paid money for the Canadapost plugin, that didn't work, and you haven't helped me to fix that either!

www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/133...nect-by-obsidev.html

I need confirmation BEFORE I spend more money on this.

3 years 8 months ago #322323

Hello,

1 - The API is/was "Paypal Adaptive".
I don't know any other Paypal API which allow such kind of feature ; but if you're aware of one, we are still open to suggestions.

2 - Your last issue with the Canada Post plugin is not related with the plugin but with the HikaShop core ; so I sent the ticket to the HikaShop support team.
You had an issue with Canada Post and postcodes ; which was related to their API and the way that they encode the postcodes. I updated the plugin to fix that issue.

3 - Stripe Connect is the API from Stripe which allow the chained payments.
stripe.com/connect
More precisely, it allow to perform one transaction with the customer and starting from the transaction, it is possible to dispatch the sum between different accounts. The vendors need to "connect" their account with yours, so your store will have the right to perform actions (such as transfert) with their account. It is also possible to transfert directly to the vendor and take a fee in the same time.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikaauction Standard
3 years 8 months ago #322332

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

1) If you can't sign up for PayPal adaptive, it's pointless to include it and / or write your documentation about it. You should update that, because trying to get things to work based on old information tends to piss people off.

2) The CanadaPost plugin is still not working... so... you did something, but you didn't fix it. :(

3) I will see about Stripe. Chained payments are ideal.

Regards,

Tamara

3 years 8 months ago #322336

Hello,

1/ The plugin still have the classical mode which is fully working. And there is still many people with a Paypal Adaptive account which can use that plugin.
Removing the plugin when it's still working would also "piss people off" who are currently using it !

2/ I fixed something for the plugin but your new issue is not related to it ; since after the patch in your website I was able to see the Canada Post in the customer checkout.
That's why I let the HikaShop support team handle the rest of the support there.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikaauction Standard
3 years 8 months ago #322345

Okay, since updating your documentation is clearly off the table, please advise the following:

1) If I use the PayPal Adaptive plugin without the API, do I get paid, or do my vendors get paid directly?
2) If I want to get paid and then pay them, without a chained payment (don't really want to spend more money on ANOTHER plugin) can I use the regular PayPal plugin?
3) Where can I find DETAILED instructions about how the process of paying vendors happens? I don't need smart commentary. Just a link to the DETAILED instructions.

Thanks.

3 years 8 months ago #322378

Hello,

1/ I quote a previous message :

Otherwise, you OR your vendor would be paid and you need another transaction to pay your vendor (via the HikaMarket backend, with a good paypal integration) or ask your vendors to pay you (using an HikaShop order).

If your vendor do have entered his paypal email address, he will be paid directly. Otherwise your store will be paid directly.

2/ You can use any HikaShop payment plugin to be paid directly ; and then pay your vendor thanks to the HikaMarket backend interface ; including the HikaShop Paypal classic payment plugin.

3/ There is no default process since HikaMarket can be (and is) used for different workflows.
But the vendor payment happens when you click on the button to pay your vendors (in the HikaMarket backend).
You will then have the interface to pay your vendor(s) :
Like : demo.hikashop.com/administrator/index.ph...endor&task=pay&cid=2
Or even :
https://demo.hikashop.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_hikamarket&ctrl=vendor&task=pay&cid[]=2&cid[]=3

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Jerome. Reason: link incompatible with kunena tag system

• Hikaauction Standard
3 years 8 months ago #322380

Hi,

Thank you, but that doesn't answer my question.

I assume that if I were to pay the vendor, I would need their PayPal address to be entered as well?

So, what settings do I need to apply to make the following happen:

1) customer pays me.
2) money goes into MY PayPal account
3) I pay vendor their money less commission, to the PayPal account they have entered.

Do I use the regular PayPal plugin for this? The PayPal adaptive plugin does not allow chained payments, so I ASSUME I can't do this? I mean, unless I travel back in time to get the required API?

Please advise if this is confusing. Your documentation does not provide enough information about this, and I really need to know how to make this work.

If it is confusing, I will make another video outlining the request, and hopefully that will simplify it? I think it's pretty simple though?

3 years 8 months ago #322421

Hello,

By testing the payment system in our demo website, you will see that the report allow to pay "manually" or using "paypal".
That vendor payment system includes an integration with Paypal without the need of any payment plugin ; it allows to perform a payment/transfer to the vendor paypal email (if he provided it).
Payment plugins are for the customers who want to pay/finalize an order ; the HikaMarket vendor payment system is not related to HikaShop order so does not require payment plugins (since you're not in the checkout process).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds