Payment Method Question

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 8 months ago #322331

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0

Would like to know if a payment method will be restricted and not shown if billing address and shipping address are not the same. I want to apply this restriction on 'Collection on Delivery' method as it might be abused by somebody. I want to make sure that items are paid already before I ship to a different address, so I don't want to show the 'COD' method when Billing and Shipping address are different.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
3 years 8 months ago #322356

Hello,

Can you give us more information about it as there is no option in Hikashop to prevent a payment method from showing if the user have a different shipping address ?

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 8 months ago #322389

Hi, Mohamed, I have a 'Collect on Delivery' payment method, I am thinking not showing the Collect on delivery method when the shipping is different from the billing address, just to make sure the order gets paid before we ship, to make sure that we don't have a problem with collection when the people in the shipping address claim they did not order.

• Thank you received: 13036
3 years 8 months ago #322395

Hi,

There is no setting for that.
It would require the development of a custom COD payment plugin to add that condition in the code of the plugin.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds