Syntax Error ...

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 5 months ago #324969

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0 Essential
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome | Version 85.0.4183.121
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Warning: syntax error, unexpected '(' in /home/httpd/vhosts/albrecht-dwv.ch/weinshop.albrecht-dwv.ch/language/overrides/en-GB.override.ini on line 468 in /home/httpd/vhosts/albrecht-dwv.ch/weinshop.albrecht-dwv.ch/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/translation.php on line 127 Warning: syntax error, unexpected '(' in /home/httpd/vhosts/albrecht-dwv.ch/weinshop.albrecht-dwv.ch/language/overrides/de-DE.override.ini on line 468 in /home/httpd/vhosts/albrecht-dwv.ch/weinshop.albrecht-dwv.ch/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/translation.php on line 127

Hello support team

After a few translations (from English to German) the above syntax message suddenly appears.
In addition, the editor in the Hika Shop display «Description» (for the products) only shows it as a code ... What went wrong here?

Addendum:
After my thorough check it was done!

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by emchWEB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
3 years 5 months ago #325009

Hi,

The warning message indicates that there is a problem in the ini file where the translations are stored preventing the function parse_ini_file of PHP from parsing the file. The error is apparently on line 468 of that file.
Could you provide a copy of that file so that we can check out what's going on ?

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338632

I am having what I believe is the same situation.

Warning: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting TC_DOLLAR_CURLY or TC_QUOTED_STRING or '"' in /*****/******/public_html/seleatherfest.com/secure/language/overrides/en-GB.override.ini on line 23 in /******/*******/public_html/seleatherfest.com/secure/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/translation.php on line 116

I'm uncertain what to do with this but I'm seeing it all over the site when there are products.

Thank you,
Catherine

2 years 3 months ago #338646

Hi,

It says that you have an error on line 23 of the file language/overrides/en-GB.override.ini.
Edit your english language file under the Languages tab of the HikaShop configuration page. There, on the right side of the page, you'll have the content of this file where the error comes from.
Check the line 23 and make sure it is valid. If you're not sure, please provide a screenshot.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338662

It's a short file on the right, so I copied:

HKA_BID_SUBMITTED="Your bid has been successfully submitted!"
HKA_YO_ARE_CURRENTLY_LOSING_THE_AUCTION="You're losing the auction! You have been outbid! The current bid is %s"
HKA_AUCTION_FINISHED_WINNER_MESSAGE="Congratulations, you won the auction for this item : %s."
FREE_PRICE=" "
FIRSTNAME="Legal first name"
MIDDLE_NAME="Middle name"
LASTNAME="Legal last name"
ADDRESS_INFORMATION="Address information (fill out to be used later for easy registration)"
HIKA_REGISTRATION="Website User Account Registration"
CHECKOUT_BUTTON_FINISH="Make Payment"
HIKA_NEW="New"
ADD="Add"
HIKASHOP_ENTER_COUPON="Enter your  discount code. Press "Add" button below code."
X_ITEMS_IN_STOCK=""
X_ITEM_FOR_X=""
X_ITEM_IN_STOCK=""
PLEASE_ACCEPT_TERMS_BEFORE_FINISHING_ORDER="Please accept the Terms and Conditions before proceeding."
PLEASE_ACCEPT_TERMS="Please accept the Terms and Conditions before proceeding."
BEST_REGARDS_CUSTOMER="Best regards,<br/>%s"
HIKASHOP_MAIL_HEADER="If you don't see this email properly, click here to see your order details."
THANK_YOU_SHARING="Thank you for your contribution!"
ADDITIONAL_INFORMATION="Additional Information: Thank you for your order!!! We can't wait to welcome you! Please follow & like SELF. The fun begins long before the event! 
X_ITEMS_IN_STOCK=""

And that's it. I do not see anything that should have throw this. I think this happened after the update.

Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by nicolas.

2 years 3 months ago #338664

Hi,

I see two issues there.
First, on the line:

HIKASHOP_ENTER_COUPON="Enter your  discount code. Press "Add" button below code."
You can't have double quotes inside the translation override. If you want to, you need to escape it.
So it should be instead:
HIKASHOP_ENTER_COUPON="Enter your  discount code. Press \"Add\" button below code."
And also, on the line:
ADDITIONAL_INFORMATION="Additional Information: Thank you for your order!!! We can't wait to welcome you! Please follow & like SELF. The fun begins long before the event!
you're missing the double quote at the end.
Fix both of these and you won't have the error.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338669

Thank you. That took care of the errors. When I try to add products to cart, I get a 404 error. I duplicated it on two browsers and cleared cache.

2 years 3 months ago #338670

Hi,

Please open a new thread for unrelated problems. Also, we'll need the URL of the page to check the situation out. You'll be able to provide it in the form you get when creating a new thread.

The following user(s) said Thank You: notnilla

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds