RSS feed for a specific page?

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikaauction Standard Hikamarket Multivendor
3 years 3 months ago #327890

Hi there,

I want to create an RSS feed for a particular product page. I tried using Feedburner, but it gave me an error related to xml.

I had a look at some general info about RSS feeds, but it seems like they're all general, for all products.

How do I let people subscribe ONLY to the product page for the category I want them to follow?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 3 months ago #327893

Hi,

The goal of a RSS feed is to give to a RSS reader a list of the "latest things" so that when you add new things to that list, it will appear on the RSS reader and the user will be notified to check the new thing you added.
On a category page, there is a list of products, and thus a RSS feed makes sense there so that your users can be notified when new products are added to the store, or a specific category.
On a product page, there is no list of things, at least not by default. So I don't see what would be the goal of a RSS feed on a product page ?
So before letting someone subscribe to a product page, we would need to develop something, and even before that, we would need to identify something to be listed in such a feed. I'm afraid that what you're trying to do is not possible.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikaauction Standard Hikamarket Multivendor
3 years 3 months ago #327896

Thanks. Maybe I should have spelled it out better.

It's a products listing menu item. How do I do that?

I want people to be updated when a new product is added.

Thanks.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 3 months ago #327916

Hi,

Then, there is nothing to do for that as long as you activate the corresponding setting in the HikaShop configuration.
You said in your first message that feedburner gave you an error. What was the error message exactly ?
And could you provide the URL of the page where you're trying to do that ?

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds