• Hikashop Multisite
3 years 3 months ago #328203

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.23
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.9
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 87.0.4280.141
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message

Hello,

For a project with loads of information I would like to put most of the description text into a 'box' underneath the Add to cart button. Because of the length of the text, the Add to cart button is very low on the webpage.
Some kind of position with additional info would be preferable between the Add to cart button and the Related products feature, full width would be fine. I've enclosed an image I've created with the setup as preferred, the content inside the box with the red border is what I'm looking for. :)

Is this doable, can you please help me with this?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Kind regards,
Ans

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 3 months ago #328205

Hi,

Change the "layout on product page" setting of the HikaShop configuration to "tabular" and you'll have the description in a tab like on your screenshot.
Then, if you still want some pieces of it on the right side, you could create a custom field of the table "product" and of the type "WYSIWYG" or "textarea" to enter the text for the right side.
The text of the custom field will display below the add to cart button on the side and not above it. If you want to move it, it would then be possible to swap the block of code for each element in the show_tabular view file via the menu Display>Views, similarly to how you move the description from the bottom area to the right side area in show_default.php

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Multisite
3 years 3 months ago #328214

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for your reply, I wasn’t aware of the fact that changing to tabular could provide another view.
I'm going to give it a try tomorrow, I’ll send you an update as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Ans

• Hikashop Multisite
3 years 3 months ago #328234

Hi Nicholas,

I'm sorry to bother you again, but somehow or the other I can't get it right. I've created an new custom field of the table "Product" > "WYSIWYG". Now there is a new tab in the box below [next to Description there is a new tab Specifications].

Am I missing a setting to put the custom field underneath the Add to cart button instead of another tab next to the Description tab?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Regards,
Ans

• Hikashop Multisite
3 years 3 months ago #328241

Unfortunately I've got another question regarding the same project. Perhaps you're willing to help me with that too?

I've got a product with options, when you select one of the options, the add to cart button disappears. In another post on this forum I read your suggestion to disable the cart.php in the template area, so I've given that a try. That didn't work [as expected, the issue in the other post could have been something completely different, but you'll never know... ;-) ]

Could you also help me with this issue Nicholas? You're help is highly appreciated!

• Hikashop Multisite
3 years 3 months ago #328242

I've got quite a nice conversation with myself, but I wanted to let you know I've solved the view issue I had with the custom field. It now shows exactly as I need under the add to cart button.

Unfortunately I still can't get the other issue I'm facing to work properly. If you please could lent me a hand with that...

• Hikashop Multisite
3 years 3 months ago #328247

Hello,

You're absolutely right, I didn't realize mixing two questions in one post isn't very smart. I'm really very sorry. I will post a new subject asap.

Again, I'm really very sorry!

Regards,
Ans

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

• Thank you received: 611
3 years 3 months ago #328246

Ans van Tongeren wrote: I've got a product with options, when you select one of the options, the add to cart button disappears.

Hello,

First, I have to said that the second issue, is a totally different, and so for keep the forum and subjects clear for everyone, please follow this idea :
1 issue, 1 subject.
Thanks for your understanding.

For your other issue, and save some times, please to your issue description add some details, like step by step process to reproduce your issue, screenshot or better Url link with issue, etc...

Awaiting news from you to be able to progress on your subject.
Regards

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds