Failed to obtain shipping quotes.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338479

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3x
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Failed to obtain shipping quotes.

Sometimes being 69 years old can be frustrating!

We only use USPS. We only have 7 levels.

I will provide if you would be so kind to look at it.

Thank you!

Bruce

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
2 years 3 months ago #338490

Hello Bruce,

I will provide if you would be so kind to look at it.

Of course, I just saw to you also contacted us via email, so let's continue via emails.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 5 days ago #340973

Hello there.

I need to proceed with this issue. How do we proceed?

Thank you.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 5 days ago #340976

Hi,

I can see that you already exchanged at length with Mohamed via email on this matter and that Mohamed has answered all the questions you had sent by email.

So I'm not sure what else do you need on this matter.

As Mohamed told you after looking at your settings, if you want USPS to automatically calculate the shipping fees for you, you need to set the weight and dimensions of your products in each product.
However, you later said that you didn't want USPS to automatically calculate the shipping fees for you, but that you wanted a fixed cost based on the total weight of the products in the cart. And that's why Mohamed directed you to using the manual shipping plugin instead.

I'm not sure what else to add to this. Do you still have a problem there ? If so what is your situation ? what makes it not like what you want ?

• Hikashop Business
2 years 3 days ago #341045

Good Morning. Thanks for your response. I misunderstood about USPS shipping. I have set up the different rates which use the total weight of the items purchased.

Now I get this message, "Failed to Obtain Shipping Quotes". I must not have something set correctly. What did I miss?

Thanks.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 3 days ago #341046

Hi,

You configured the USPS shipping methods as manual shipping methods.
However, that's not the purpose of the USPS shipping methods. There purpose is to provide the USPS servers with the address of the customer, your USPS merchant account credentials, the weight of the products and their dimensions so that USPS servers can provide back a list of shipping methods with the corresponding price for the situation.
So if you use USPS, you don't need to create several shipping methods and input different minimum/maximum weights nor a "price". This is handled automatically for you.

The error "Failed to Obtain Shipping Quotes" probably indicates that you didn't enter the correct credentials in the settings of the shipping methods so that the USPS plugin can connect to the USPS servers and talk to them to get the shipping costs.

So you have two options here:
- You want USPS to calculate everything automatically and in that case you need to make sure your products have a weight, dimensions, and that you have ONE USPS shipping method with the credentials configured correctly based on what USPS provided you.
- You want the shipping fees to be what you configured in the "price" column of your screenshot based on the weight. In that case, you need to delete all these shipping methods and reconfigure new shipping methods, but instead of selecting the USPS plugin, you need to select the "manual" plugin.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 3 days ago #341051

Hello.

Thank you for your response. I understand now. It is a 2 step process. I have them all set up. please close this ticket.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds