Yootheme Pro, HikaShop, Joomla caching issue

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
5 months 1 week ago #356812

Hello.

There is an issue when using HikaShop on a Joomla 4 website that uses the Yootheme Pro template.

I have been going through the support forums for both Yootheme and HikaShop, in an effort to find a solution to this issue. Unfortunately, both HikaShop and Yootheme are saying that the issue people are having is the other organization’s fault. This doesn’t help anyone, and those of us that are having this issue need HikaShop and Yootheme to work together on a solution.

Here are the facts of the issue.
- This occurs on Joomla 4 and is typically found when someone migrates from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4.
- The website needs to use HikaShop, Yootheme Pro template, have the HikaShop Cart module displayed, and Joomla caching needs to be turned on.
- When all of this is done, which is a very normal setup, you will get “1 blog”, “1 post”, “blog”, or “post” appearing in the upper left corner of the website in a narrow white section on the top of pages.
- That immediately goes away if you unpublished the HikaShop Cart module, or turn off the Joomla caching.
- It only appears when using the Yootheme Pro template, and I have verified that by trying other templates.

Granted this is not an issue that is breaking the functionality of the websites that have the issues, but it looks bad and we should not have to live with it.

I personally have 4 live websites that currently have this issue, and another 2 that will be migrated within the next 2 weeks. Plus I have another 5 websites that will be migrated to Joomla 4 in the next 4-6 weeks that will have this issue as well. That will be 9 websites for me with this issue.

In looking at the forums on both Yootheme and HikaShop I can easily see that I am not alone in this as others are reporting the same issue. Neither HikaShop or Yootheme are offering a fix for this as both organizations are saying the issue is the fault of the other.

This doesn’t help anyone.

I am calling for both Hikashop and Yootheme to come together and work on a fix and to stop pointing fingers at the other organization. This issue obviously needs to be solved by both of you, even if in the end the code of just one system needs to be changed.

I am posting this on both support forums in the hope that it will help move forward a solution for this problem.

If you have a website that has this issue please post a reply to this post stating that you do have the issue as well. If we can all come together, maybe we all can work to resolve this.

Thank you.

Last edit: 5 months 1 week ago by vanboke. Reason: Fixing the title

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
5 months 1 week ago #356815

Hi,

We are not saying that the problem is in Yootheme templates.
However, the text "1 post" displayed there doesn't allow me to understand how HikaShop could display this text.
I've done extensive debugging to try to fine the problem but I didn't find the cause.
That's why I previously suggested to circumvent the problem by removing the text with a bit of Javascript code added to the template's index.php:

<script>document.querySelector('body').firstChild.remove();</script>
Or you could use an extension like rereplacer to remove the text.

• Hikashop Business
5 months 1 week ago #356825

Hello Nicolas.

I want to thank you for all of the work you have done to try to resolve this issue. The problem is that there are 3 factors involved in this problem: Joomla cache, HikaShop Cart module, and Yootheme Pro template.

Given that this issue presents itself only on Joomla 4, and not on Joomla 3, it is possible that it is an issue with Joomla when you have the HikaShop Cart module installed while using the Yootheme Pro template, while the Joomla cache is active. I have not yet tested this issue on Joomla 5.

Your work around works, but it isn't an actual fix. Without at least you folks and Yootheme working together this problem will never get an actual fix. How can we get you folks to all work together to get this resolved for good? Or at least get together enough proof that the issue is with Joomla so we can present it to them for a fix?

Are you folks willing to do that?

• Thank you received: 13081
5 months 1 week ago #356859

Hi,

I'm happy to look into it if someone can provide more information on the issue.
At the moment, I don't see where that text is coming from.
If you could provide a zip of all the files of the website, I could try to search for " post" in it, to see if any extension has that text in a file. That way, we would know the source of the display. I did it on my end with HikaShop and Joomla 4 and I didn't get any result.
So either it comes from a plugin or a module or a template, or it comes from the database. So an export of the database would also be helpful in order to search in there.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
4 months 1 day ago #357962

Hi,

Not sure if you have resolved this on your own, but I had the same issue and deleting the cache inside the Yootheme builder resolved it for me.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

• Hikashop Business
4 months 23 hours ago #357966

I have done that and it resolves the issue for a short period of time. For me at least, it is not a permanent fix.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds