Exclude select products from UPS shipping plugin

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 1 week ago #358550

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.2
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.27

Hi,
We want to sell several product variations on one screen in one window via drop-down select. Pricing works as it should. Shipping not.
Some products are oversized and have to ship by truck. In the variants, I set weight to zero. And yet an arbitrary UPS charge of $12 publishes on checkout. I don't know where it's coming from. In the UPS plugin I did not set a minimum charge. In the variant, I set neither a weight nor a physical dimension. This group of products cannot have any shipping charge applied. The company will get a truck shipping quote and bill that to the customer as a separate item to be paid separately.
For those products which can ship by UPS and do have a weight and physical dimensions, the plugin appears to work fine.
For our really big products which need to be crated and shipped by truck, how do I exclude them from the shipping plugin? I've read some forum posts on this topic but many appear to be from years ago, relating to long-gone Hikashop versions.
The site I am directing you to is a developmental clone of our production site, whitewatermarineinc.com.
Thank you,
-Jim Gribble

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
3 months 1 week ago #358551

Hi,

You want to activate the "shipping price per product" setting of your UPS shipping method. Then, when you edit your products, you'll have a "shipping prices" area.
In there, you'll see each shipping method with a "shipping price per product" setting activated. And you can use their "block" checkbox in order to disable the shipping method, when the product is in the cart.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...ng-manual-price.html

• Hikashop Business
3 months 6 days ago #358569

I think this pretty much describes what I need to do?

www.hikashop.com/forum/shipping-methods/...-s-shipping-fee.html

Thank you,
-Jim G.

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 months 5 days ago by jgribble.

3 months 6 days ago #358570

Hi,

Supposing that you didn't set any weight in these products and variants, if you're still seeing the UPS shipping method before blocking, and since the checkout is blocking you to finish now, this indicates that you probably have the "force shipping regardless of weight" setting activated in the HikaShop configuration.
Because of this, a shipping method has to be selected to be able to complete the checkout.
Since you're not talking about an error message, I suppose that you also must have turn off the error message display setting of the shipping block in your checkout workflow.
Normally, the error message should tell you that no shipping methods were found for the products in the cart.

So, there are 2 ways to go about it:
- The simplest would be to just turn off the "force shipping regardless of weight" setting. In fact, by doing so, you could just not have to block the shipping method since no shipping would be asked during the checkout for products with a weight of 0.
- But maybe you need this option turned on for some reason ? In that case, another solution would be create a manual shipping method which you would rename to something like "shipping quote to be calculated after checkout". You could then set a max weight of 0.1 in it so that only for carts with products without weight would this shipping method appear.

• Hikashop Business
3 months 6 days ago #358580

Thank you, Nicolas. I think we are very close. Will explore these two solutions.
-Jim Gribble

• Hikashop Business
3 months 6 days ago #358581

Nicolas,
Should this ("Group") be turned on? (I think so.)

Also, I couldn't find a button labeled "Force shipping regardless of weight." But maybe it is this?

Thanks again!
-JG

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 months 6 days ago by jgribble.

3 months 6 days ago #358584

Hi,

1. Yes, you want to turn on the group option.

2. Ah right, the text of this option was changed ! I had forgotten. It's indeed this option.

• Hikashop Business
3 months 6 days ago #358591

Thank you.
That worked.

Last edit: 3 months 5 days ago by jgribble.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds