Updating Product Inventory Levels?

• Thank you received: 3
9 years 8 months ago #167906

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28

All,

I'm hoping that someone can help me with automatically updating inventory levels inside HikaShop based off of sales in a brick and mortar location.

My company uses "PawnMasters" software for sales inside the store. It tracks the inventory levels for each product, and it has the capability of exporting a list of the product_id and quantity to a CSV file as often as I'd like. My goal is to be able to use that file to import and update the product quantities inside HikaShop using a combination of "Mass actions", "cron" tasks, and/or the import tool while selecting the option to "Update the product quantity instead of replacing it."

For instance, could I use the Mass actions function
Trigger = Every hours
Filters = Product columns product_quantity
Action = Update values product_quantity where not null

Does anyone have any experience with this that might could provide some help? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
9 years 8 months ago #167939

Hi,

CSV import via the mass actions system is possible but it requires your CSV to be exactly with the format compatible with HikaShop.
If your CSV isn't (for example, if it has different column names), you can use the products cron update plugin to import the CSV with column names translation. You can read more about it on our documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...hop-import.html#cron

The following user(s) said Thank You: blueagle1829

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309213

nicolas wrote: Hi,

CSV import via the mass actions system is possible but it requires your CSV to be exactly with the format compatible with HikaShop.
If your CSV isn't (for example, if it has different column names), you can use the products cron update plugin to import the CSV with column names translation. You can read more about it on our documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...hop-import.html#cron

Hi,
I want to do this as well but need to know the minimum amount of information required to update my stock numbers and leave all other data untouched. So, can I just upload a file with the product_code and the product_quantity information? Do I need to sort this in a specific order or will the upload work it out from the product_code? Thanks and I am happy to do it differently if there's a better way.

Regards,
Ian and Stu

4 years 8 months ago #309220

Hi,

Do you have variants in your products ? If you do, you need to specify the product_code, the product_parent_id (with the code of the parent) and one column per characteristic with the corresponding values. You would also need to place your main product rows before the variant rows in the CSV.
If you don't have variants, the product_code column is the only requirement.
I would recommend to also fill the "categories" column with the name of the category so that the products go in the correct category if it's new products. For products already there, that's not necessary.

The following user(s) said Thank You: smithshop123

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309254

Thanks.
No variants. So can I just have two columns
product_code,product quantity
etc,etc

Or do I need to include the empty set of commas for the other fields on our site,
,,,,product_code,,,,product_quantity,,,
,,,,etc,,,,etc,,,

Thanks,
Ian and Stu

4 years 8 months ago #309257

Hi,

Just two columns then.

The following user(s) said Thank You: smithshop123

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds