Is it possible to export CSV file in standard (not UTF-8) format?

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 5 months ago #324598

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.20
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.16

We are using Hikashop Business Mass Actions to export a list of confirmed orders to our logistics company who delivers the orders.

A CSV file is being generated. The file is in UTF-8 format - the company has requested the file be in "standard" format as their interface can not read the UTF-8 file.

Database collation is utf8_general_ci and Database connection collation is utf8mb4_general_ci.

When you open the file in MS Excel and select "Save As" it shows that it is a CSV UTF-8 file.

Under Hikashop Configuration / Emails the Char set is "UTF-8".

Thanks in advance
Brett

Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by bmm01.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 5 months ago #324604

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't know what they mean by "standard".
You can see here a list of the most common encodings:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_encoding..._character_encodings
None of them are called "standard".
And the most standard encoding is UTF8:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-8

UTF-8 is by far the most common encoding for the World Wide Web, accounting for over 95% of all web pages, and up to 100% for some languages, as of 2020.

It's possible that what they mean is that they want the columns and their title to correspond to what their import tool wants. So other names, not all the columns, maybe a different format for some columns, etc. In that case, I'm afraid you won't be able to do that with a mass action. It will require a plugin to be developed specifically for their CSV format, like we developed in the past for Quickbooks as the software also required a specific CSV format :
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/216...port-by-obsidev.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds