System configuration for "Order"

• Thank you received: 747
9 years 1 month ago #194144

-- url of the page with the problem -- : local
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.0

Hi,

In the system configuration, under -> Main -> Order, I'm finding these fields, one brand new in 2.4.0, and the other unnoticed since 2.3.5, I guess. Nothing in the documentation or elsewhere, so I dare asking what exactly they mean and affect:

1. Unpaid order statuses
2. Payment capture order status

While the first might be self-explanatory (any order statuses before "Payment confirmed order status"?), I can't imagine what the second means. And for both I wonder what my entries may cause... or worse, what wrong or no entries will cause! ;)

Thanks for the briefest enlightenment!

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 1 month ago #194148

Hi,

These options are there since several versions ; I added them for the authorize/capture system I made for HikaDeal.
For the moment only the "ogone" payment plugin support the authorize/capture mode but I will introduce it in Paypal (and some other payment plugins) in the future (to be able to release HikaDeal correctly).

But the idea is that you can let the customer pay, the money will be authorize but not captured.
When the order will change his status (regarding the second option), the payment will perform the capture of the money.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool

• Thank you received: 747
9 years 1 month ago #194211

Ah, that's what they're for. Thanks Jerome.

So, I'll leave them empty as I'm not using "Ogone".

I'm looking at a 2.3.5 test install now, and (1.) is definitely not there, while (2.) is.
Anyway, maybe I've been the only one noticing so far, but I suggest to put at least a brief hint ("For future use" or so) into the documentation - would sure help those who are stumbling over it - like me.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

• Thank you received: 35
4 years 1 month ago #316218

Hi guys,
PHP 7.3.15 + Joomla 3.9.15 + HikaShop business 4.2.3...

Jerome wrote: ...These options are there since several versions ; I added them for the authorize/capture system I made for HikaDeal.
For the moment only the "ogone" payment plugin support the authorize/capture mode but I will introduce it in Paypal (and some other payment plugins) in the future (to be able to release HikaDeal correctly).
But the idea is that you can let the customer pay, the money will be authorize but not captured.
When the order will change his status (regarding the second option), the payment will perform the capture of the money.

1 - I'm not able to find documentation about and I noted the tooltip still say N/A. Anyway, Please, What are the up to date payment plugins that support the authorize/capture mode ?

2 - In your experience, Can the "Capture" order status be useful for the manual payments like "Bank transfer" ? If yes, in which cases ?

3 - When I click on "order" that should reorder the Order statuses, the "save order" and all icons are lost and I'm not able to reorder anymore the Order statuses. I had to logout and login to restore the feature. Please, What am I missing ? - here an image

4 - Why not reorder the columns following a chronological more logic order ? Is there a way to do it ? An example from my point of view:
Created - Unpaid - Cancellable - Cancelled - Capture - Confirmed - Invoice - Print invoice - Download - Serials - Affiliate - Statistics

Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by joomleb.

• Thank you received: 13066
4 years 1 month ago #316234

Hi,

1. Ogone is still the only one.

2. No, that won't help. the capture/authorize mechanism is only for credit card transactions.

3. Thank you for your feedback. That's a bug no one reported yet. We were able to reproduce it and we'll add a patch for the next release.
Note that the icons being "lost" is because the ordering is not allowed. It should actually only allow the ordering changes when the listing is sorted on the order column. So the behavior should be opposite, and the default ordering should be on that column.

4. Thank you for your feedback. That's a good point. We'll look at changing that for the next release.

The following user(s) said Thank You: joomleb

• Thank you received: 35
4 years 1 month ago #316254

Hi Nicolas,

1 - 2 - Thanks !

3 - 4 - Thanks, I'll stay tuned !

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds