Multiple order emails but no receipts

• Thank you received: 2
4 years 10 months ago #307166

-- url of the page with the problem -- : quollbooks.com.au/shop-products/shop-books
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.6
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.19
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0

When I processed a test purchase using HikaShop the following emails were sent:
1. At 10:11pm, an email sent to the shop email address with the subject "A new order has been created on your website". I don't want this email - can I turn it off (I have already disabled a similar email to the customer)?
2. At 10:14pm (3 minutes later), an email is sent to the shop email address with the subject "B3Q7 payment notification : payment confirmed". The body of the email says "A ewayrapid notification was received with the status confirmed." Why does the "Summary of your order" (below) not include extra line for the amount paid and the amount owing = $0.00?
3. At 10:14pm (same time), an email is sent to the customer email address with similar information. Again there is no record of the payment. Can the amount paid and the zero amount owing be shown?
4. At 10:19pm (5 minutes later than the 2nd email), another email sent to the shop email address, identical to the 2nd email. This is redundant. Can this be stopped?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 10 months ago #307173

Hi,

1. That's the order admin notification. You can disable it via the System>Emails menu.

2. 3. The total is the amount paid and the amount oned is always 0 at that point. The customer has no way to pay only part of the order. Either the payment fails, and you don't get that email, or the payment succeeds, and the amount owned is 0.
Now if you want to add these lines manually, you can edit these emails (payment notification and order status notification ) via the menu System>Emails (requires the Business edition).

4. That shouldn't happen. If it happens it means that the paymnent plugin received a second payment notification from the payment gateway. Which shouldn't happen as the payment notification is done while redirecting back the customer from the payment gateway to your website after the payment (and that only happens once).
So, I'm not sure hat is going on here and I would need more information to be able to understand the situation.
First, check the Customers>Emails history. Here you'll see all the emails sent by HikaShop. Search for an order number to see all the email notifications sent by HikaShop for an order. If you see the payment notification only once here, then HikaShop only sent it once and there must have been something else duplicating it (for example, some email forwarding system not correctly configured on the email server). If you see it several times, then it means that the payment notification was indeed received several times from the payment gateway.
In that case, could you provide a screenshot of the history of the order when you edit it in the backend ?
Normally, there should be one line for the order creation, and then one line for each payment notification. So if you get two payment notification emails, you should find to payment notification lines there.
In that case, you could add the line:
if($order_status != $dbOrder->order_status)
before the line (twice):
$this->modifyOrder($order_id, $order_status, $history, $email);
in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/ewayrapid/ewayrapid.php to prevent that from happening.
Let us know how all this goes so that we can potentially add such code in the payment plugin on our end too.

4 years 10 months ago #307231

Hi,

1. Thanks, fixed - new email settings:

2&3. Thanks, noted - I have the Essential, not Business, version - so not possible at present.

4. The customer email history for the order (B3Q7) reported in my earlier email shows that the "Order status notification" and "payment notification" emails were both duplicated:

However, the customer email history for the next order (B3Q8) shows that (as required) no "Order administrator notification" was sent (after email setting changed). And the "Order status notification" and "payment notification" emails were (correctly) NOT duplicated:

So far, so good. I'll do some more tests to see whether something else I did triggers another pair of emails.

5. A new question - in the email settings there are now three notification emails enabled: "Order status notification", "Order notification" and "Payment notification". The customer is receiving the first of these. I am receiving the third. What is the second email - "Order notification" - and who should receive it?

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 10 months ago #307233

Hi,

5. The order notification email is the one sent when you click on the "email" button on the order details page in your backend.
So unless you click on that button and send it, that email won't be used.

4 years 10 months ago #307330

Thanks - all clear.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds