• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 8 months ago #322454

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.20
-- PHP version -- : 7.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Where do I go to find out why Hikashop isn't generating the Order confirmation "Order status notification" or "Order notification"?

Other emails such as inventory, out of stock, new account are going out.

We disabled the Order creation notification so the user will only receive a confirmation email when the order is paid to reduce the redundancy, but then about three months ago our order confirmation (when the order status is changed from created to confirmed) are not going out.

In the Customers + Email there are emails showing, so I know at least email from the server is leaving, etc. But the order confirmation aren't happening.

I'm sure I did something. I don't have any customization on any email template.

There is nothing in our server logs showing anything wrong. Orders are being processed, etc. Just no email created and thus nothing to send out?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13061
3 years 8 months ago #322472

Hi,

The "order notification" email can be sent manually via the "email" button of the order details page in the backend. So you can easily test if it's working.
The "order status notification" email is sent automatically when the order goes from "created" to "confirmed".
The first thing is to check if you see the emails in Customers>Emails history. If the emails are there and the customers don't receive them, it's an issue either on your email server or their email server (likely the email is flagged as spam for some reason).
If you don't see them in Customers>Emails history then the emails are not generated at all by HikaShop.
That can happen for several reasons. The main one, is that the status of the order is not changed from "created" to "confirmed" by the payment plugin after the payment. This also can happen for a lot of reasons. Here is a documentation we have about it for PayPal (but most of the points apply to other payment plugins too): www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification
If the orders status is properly changed to "confirmed" but the email is not recorded in Customers>Emails history then it could be:
- the email is disabled in System>Emails
- the email has been customized wrongly in System>Emails
- the payment plugin is telling HikaShop to not notify the customer when changing the order status to confirmed

So please first check what I'm talking above and report your findings here so that we can move forward on this issue.

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 8 months ago #322570

Manually works okay. Emails are flowing from the server. Other emails from Hikashop are being generated.

We are using the included Authorize.net payment plugin and our checkout workflow is attached. Could it be that the way I have it set up is that we're not creating the order until payment is processed and confirmed? We used to get order confirmations on successful payment before--I'm not really sure when it stopped.

I purchased the Stripe V3 plugin and testing it now (I had some issues or I would have already moved over and not wasted your time--sorry).

Anyway, from your description, it sounds like we are creating orders as a "confirmed" status. If the payment fails, the order is not submitted (I assume). We only have one payment method available. Authorize.net is configured for AIM method, so the credit card information is collected within the order process.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13061
3 years 8 months ago #322601

Hi,

The order status notification is sent when the order status changes.
With the Authorize.net payment plugin in AIM mode, the orders are directly created as confirmed.
So in that case, only the "order creation notification" email is sent to the customer.
So since you disabled that email, it's normal the customer doesn't get any email after his order.

You would either have to enable the order creation notification, or configure the authorize.net in SIM mode, or use another payment plugin, or configure the authorize.net plugin to use another status than "confirmed" and then use a mass action to rechange the status from that status to confirmed with the user notification activated so that the order status notification email would be sent.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds