Auto Cancel Orders Plugin Issues

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327308

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0

The auto cancel plugin doesn't seem to be cancelling orders marked as created that are over the limit set in the plugin.

Current plugin config:
Period - 21600 (6 hours)

Cron setup through hosting: run daily at midnight

Cron minimum delay between tasks in hima config: 15 minutes (default)

The Cron runs successfully for all Hikashop tasks except for the orders cancel, and occasionally I see that orders were checked from the from report logs. I have about 4k created orders that need to be canceled (dating back to 2018). I can easily do this with a mass action, but I am curious to know why the plugin isn't taking care of this automatically?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
3 years 3 months ago #327320

Hi,

Besides the obvious reasons (plugin disabled, not with "public" access, "last cron update" date in the far future, cron not running, etc), here are things that could be problematic:
- if you have the "notify" option activated, it will send an email notification for each order. Sending an email can take a long time, and if there is a bug in the email notification generation, it can crash the process, stopping the status change of all the orders being processed.
- the plugin will only be changing the status of 20 orders on each cron trigger in order to reduce the possibility of a crash during the processing, so maybe it's actually working but you didn't notice. If you have 4000 orders to change, and the plugin is triggered once every 6 hours, it will take 50 days to process all the orders. Note that the goal of the plugin is to process the new orders. Not to process a backlog of 4000 orders. So I would recommend to first do a mass action for the really old orders and then you can let the plugin handle the new orders from that point on.
- the plugin will use the statuses configured under the "created" and the "cancelled" columns of the System>Order statuses menu. So maybe there is a problem with the way the statuses are configured ?

The following user(s) said Thank You: mojooutdoors-holden

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327339

Ah! I think the piece of information i was missing was the max number of order status changes per cron trigger (all other settings you mention are set appropriately). I will go ahead and perform the mass action to take care of the 4000 backlogged orders that are marked as created.

Thanks Nicolas!

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds