TWINT for switzerland

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 4 months ago #219448

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.44
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox 42.0

There is a new payment methode in switzerland called TWINT.
What do you think is it possible to create a new plugin for this payment methode.
It is a contact less payment like apple pay for switzerland.
On the website its written, the payment can be done by sdk or by Payment-Service-Provider an can be easy implemented in webshop
www.twint.ch/fr/support/questions-frequentes/

Quels PSP proposent déjà TWINT? Datatrans, l’un des plus importants Payment Service Providers, a déjà intégré TWINT.
Comment puis-je intégrer TWINT dans mon marché d’applications? Vous pouvez relier TWINT directement via SDK ou indirectement via Payment Service Provider.

we hope there is a way to integrate twint

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 4 months ago #219450

Hi,

We have some documentation and a sample payment plugin for HikaShop (with a lot of commentaries).
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...on.html#howtopayment
github.com/HikaShop/sample-payment-plugin

So if you have some development/PHP skills ; you should be able to create a payment plugin in order to integrate TWINT with HikaShop.
Otherwise, best will be to contact a developer or an HikaShop partner.
We can still add that payment method in the TODO list but we can't provide any schedule for the implementation.. Specially when the list already contain 65 payment gateways.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 5
6 years 5 months ago #281085

We are currently analysing the requirements for such a plugin, are you still interested?

kind regards
Ruediger Schultz
Schultz IT Solutions

it-solutions.schultz.ch

• Thank you received: 1
4 years 4 months ago #312655

More than 3 years, since the last post. TWINT is more popular than before. This plugin would benefit for the Swiss market in general.

4 years 4 months ago #312656

I am interested.

Kind regards,

Marco

4 years 4 months ago #312661

could you contact me directly by email please...

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

4 years 4 months ago #312737

Hi,

It’s a real pity, same major webshop and cms supplier support TWINT, but no Joomla shops.

See the supported list.
www.twint.ch/geschaeftskunden/produkte/plugins/

Hikashop could be the first for Joomla

• Thank you received: 13035
4 years 4 months ago #312738

Hi,

So far, we had only 2 people contacting us for that and, apparently, no one willing to pay for the development.
We we're focusing on other payment plugins / features that have more requests.
We're willing to develop the plugin, but we can't do it for free and that the same for Schultz-IT-Solutions. Did you try contacting him ?

4 years 4 months ago #312747

Hi Nicholas,

we (Schultz IT Solutions) already are development partner for TWINT (kind of an administrative hurdle indeed...)
we could certainly develop this plugin for Hikashop, and would be willing to take most of the financial risk for such a development. However we would indeed need some market info to estimate whether we can make this work.

could you give us a rough number of Hikashop users in Switzerland and Lichtenstein?
and once the plugin is available, would you be willing to actively inform your swiss (and Lichtenstein) users about it's existence?

if you can agree to both these requests, we could find a financial solution (for the development) with "zurli" and "mschnyde" I belief.

kind regards
Ruediger Schultz

4 years 4 months ago #312748

Hi,

The only number I have on my end is the number of users of HikaShop registered on our website with an address in Switzerland.
There are 621 user accounts.
So that means that there are a few hundred merchants using HikaShop in Switzerland.
For Lichtenstein, it's only a couple of users.

It is possible to send a mini-newsletter for these people once the plugin is available yes. We have their email address and we know which one agreed to receive emails from us. So we can send that email to them.

4 years 4 months ago #312756

Thank you Nicholas,
I will propose a path forward to both "zurli" and "mschnyde", which should be beneficial to all parties...

kind regards
Ruediger

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

4 years 4 months ago #312758

@ zurli
could you please contact me (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.), if you are still interested in such a plugin.
Kind regards
Ruediger Schultz
Schultz IT Solutions

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Multisite
4 years 3 months ago #314193

Hello,

I am interested too ! :-)

merry christmas

• Hikashop Business
4 years 2 months ago #314614

Hi, I also have several clients in Switzerland for who I would like to propose TWINT. The plugin would really be VERY WELCOME. What would be an idea of financial participation if we helped pay a bit of the dev ?

Regards,
Nicholas

Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by nicashdown.

4 years 2 months ago #314617

Dear all,

thank you for your feedback.
I can tell you that we are ready to develop this plugin. However, the Payment Provider themselfs (TWINT.ch) is making things a little difficult. So far they were reluctant to allow the development of such a plugin (and one cannot develop this without their consent, I am afraid).

We are still negotiating with them to find a path forward...

kind regards
Ruediger Schultz
Schultz IT Solutions

4 years 2 months ago #314649

as per the "financial participation" we are usually offering an "early-bird discount", when we develop a new plugin like this. In the current case, it will be something like:

As soon as we actually can start the developement, we will provide the information on how to "pre-order" the plugin. This early-bird phase will probably last two to three months. You then can buy a "12 months subscription for updates and support". But this subscription (bought within the early-bird phase) will be valid for 18 months, starting from the day the plugin is finally available.
So that the "early birds" do get an extra 6 months of support, regardless of when they buy their first subscription.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 1 month ago #315225

OK thank you for you feedback. It is a pitty TWINT are being so reluctant. I checked and saw that the plugin exists for WooCommerce. Why would they be so fussy on Hikashop having a plugin as well. Hope all work fine for you to find a solution.

For the financial part: good idea.

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 1 month ago #315609

Hello,

PostFinance "Checkout" payment system offers twint payment, but a plugin is required for this new system.

4 years 2 weeks ago #316339

Dear All,

thank you for your patience - we finally got a substantive answer from TWINT.ch .
In order to allow us to develop a payment plugin for HikaShop (or any other shop software within our portfolio), TWINT is requesting a large upfront payment from us (and a number of other, less surprising conditions).

This makes it economically unattractive for us to support you with such a plugin (although we would have liked to do this).
The conclusion of our whole experience with TWINT.ch can only be, that they are not interested in expanding their customer base beyond the already existing integration options.

We very much regret this outcome, but cannot do anything about it.

kind regards
Ruediger Schultz
Schultz IT Solutions

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

4 years 2 weeks ago #316346

Hi,

That's a shame to hear that.
Thanks for taking the time to look into it.
Somethings integrations with payment gateways ca be done in a few hours. Sometimes, after weeks of research and discussion, you end up with nothing. It can be quite frustrating.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds