Credit Card Payment Plugin

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 10 months ago #306495

Hi,

When using the credit card payment gateway, how can I specify where the credit card information goes to be processed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
4 years 10 months ago #306497

Hi,

The "credit card payment plugin" is an offline payment method.
It allows you to collec the credit card information for each order so that you can process them manually via your own payment terminal.
As you probably don't have such terminal, you have two options:
- you contact your bank as ask them what payment gateway they propose to be able to accept ecommerce payments. Then, you can use the corresponding payment plugin in HikaShop (provided that it exists). That way the credit card payments will directly go to your bank account.
- you open a merchant account with a payment gateway not affiliated with a bank, like PayPal or Stripe and configure the corresponding payment plugin in HikaShop. That way the credit card payments will first go to your merchant account on that payment gateway and you'll then be able to transfer them to your bank account.

The following user(s) said Thank You: matt3gs

4 years 10 months ago #306535

Hey Thank you so much for your reply.

I think the second option would suit me best. Does that mean I would have to build my own Hikashop payment plugin to capture the users information and then send it to the payment gateway or is the process automated by the "Hikashop Credit card plugin".

• Thank you received: 13035
4 years 10 months ago #306536

Hi,

No you'll need to use the payment plugin corresponding to the payment gateway you'll want to use.
You would only have to build your own payment plugin if there isn't any for the payment gateway you choose.
Either way, you won't need to use the HikaShop credit card plugin.
Different payment gateways will work differently. For example, with PayPal standard, the payment plugin won't display the credit card form on your checkout, but after the checkout, on a PayPal payment page hosted by PayPal. However, the PayPal Pro plugin will display the credit card form on your checkout and the payment will happen when you finish the checkout.

The following user(s) said Thank You: matt3gs

4 years 10 months ago #306574

Ok. Thank you for the clarification.

Cheers.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds