Stripe Payment Plugin issues

• Thank you received: 1
3 years 9 months ago #321575

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.asme.org.uk/resources.html#books
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.19
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.16
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None displayed

We've just enabled the Stripe payment plugin and have configured it, however if we use the modern option (non-legacy) we get the fields showing up however it refuses to accept any UK postcodes (which most orders will be). There seems to only be enough room for 3-4 chars and so it ends up overwriting them then displaying and error that the postcode isn't right.

I tried it in Legacy mode too but then we just get a single field which I presume is for the card number but it's only about 15px wide and not at all clear what should be getting input here? Is there an issue or something in the config or do you have a Stripe checkout plugin instead?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 9 months ago #321583

Hello,

Regarding the postal code (zip) formatting, Stripe do have a documentation page for it :
stripe.com/docs/js/element/postal_code_formatting

We do not recommend to use the legacy mode, which is not SCA complient.
The Stripe payment form is directly displayed by the Stripe Javascript and your credentials.
For what we understood regarding their documentation, if you do have the fraud prevention, the Postal Code/Zip would be displayed to your customer :
stripe.com/docs/disputes/prevention/verification

Afterwards, it looks like that it might be possible to hide the postal code with some JS settings but I don't know what would be the impact with the disputes prevention since it would be like letting the field empty.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 1
3 years 9 months ago #321612

Hi Jerome

Thanks for this, i see that the issue was that since I was using a test card this was located in the US so it was looking for a US zipcode instead of a UK postcode, so will try again using a UK test card instead, if they have one. (BTW I'd only enabled the legacy checkout to see if that worked any better, it wasn't my intention to stick with that method)

I managed to process the order this time, the only new error I got was in the success redirection which attempted to go to component/hikashop/checkout/after_end/order_id-80/order_token-mREApBNP.html (we have sh404SEF enabled) but this page brought up a 404 error. Is there anything I can do to fix that?

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 9 months ago #321636

Hello,

It looks like there is a decoding issue with sh404SEF.
We can see to patch the plugin to improve the final URL and make sh404SEF happier.

In the "stripeconnect.php" file (in the plugins/hikashoppayment/stripeconnect folder), please replace the line

$this->notifyurl = HIKASHOP_LIVE.'index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify&notif_payment='.$this->name.'&tmpl=component&order_id='.$order->order_id.'&lang='.$this->locale;
By
$this->notifyurl = HIKASHOP_LIVE.'index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify&notif_payment='.$this->name.'&tmpl=component&order_id='.$order->order_id.'&lang='.$this->locale.$this->url_itemid;
So it will continue to pass the Joomla menu ID to the different parts of the notification system so the final "after_end" generated URL will be SEF with a menu ID.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds