How to Support Apple Pay

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
3 years 8 months ago #321994

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0

Can anyone tell me which, if any, Hikashop payment plugins support Apple Pay?

Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
3 years 8 months ago #322003

Hi,

There is no payment plugin which directly integrates with the Apple Pay API.
However, there are payment service providers which supports it and for which there is a plugin available.
This depends on your region, and the payment service provider API and how the plugin is made.
So I can't say for sure.
First thing would be to search here developer.apple.com/apple-pay/payment-platforms/
in the payment service provider for your country as merchant so that you get a list of the PSPs supporting Apple Pay.
Then you need to check the payment gateways on how they support apple pay and what API is supported by the payment plugin available for the payment gateway.
For example, for the USA, you have "authorize.net" listed. But checking there, it seems that it is only the Accept Mobile SDK which supports Apple Pay, and thus only for apps on smartphones, not for ecommerce websites and not the SIM or AIM APIs integrated in the authorize.net plugin available by default in HikaShop.
Now I can't check all of them for you as the list is quite long so I can't provide a precise answer. On top of that, most payment plugins are not developed by us but by third party developers so I wouldn't even be able to say. For example, for Braintree, which is also listed as supporting Apple Pay, nothing is written about it on the plugin's page created by our partner so I can't say for sure. You would have to ask them.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leilahodgkins

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
3 years 8 months ago #322029

Many thanks for the info. It all sounds a lot more complicated than I had thought and that Apple Pay is not really a practical solution for websites right now.

• Thank you received: 30
  • Hikashop Business
5 months 4 weeks ago #355487

PayPlug Pro now accepts Apple Pay payments.
(PayPlug Pro permet maintenant d'accepter les paiements Apple Pay).

https://www.payplug.com/fr/blog/apple-pay-payplug-2/https://www.payplug.com/fr/blog/apple-pay-payplug-2/

It would be worth updating the PayPlug v2 plugin
(Ça vaudrait le coup de mettre à jour le plugin PayPlug v2).

• Thank you received: 13035
5 months 4 weeks ago #355489

Hi,

I don't see anywhere on the API documentation ( docs.payplug.com/api/apiref.html#create-a-payment ) information about Apple Pay.
The plugin in HikaShop uses the hosted API where the customer is redirected to PayPlug payment form at the end of the checkout.
So if PayPlug wants to offer extra payment methods there, it should be possible without us having to change anything to the plugin.
Also, to be able to offer Apple Pay payments with PayPlug, you need to have a special contract with PayPlug. So you'll have to contact them first and see what they tell you.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds