PayPal Cehckout

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 3 months ago #328411

How can we integrate PayPal checkout so that people don't have to leave the page to pay? It causes issues for people, and we would love to integrate this with our shop instead.

www.paypal.com/merchantapps/appcenter/acceptpayments/checkout

Cheryl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
3 years 2 months ago #328433

Hello Cheryl,

You'll find the list of all of our available payment method through the "Payment methods" section of our documentation :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation.html#hk5

In your case, using the "Paypal Advanced" method will probably do the job.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
3 years 1 month ago #330478

Hi there,

We would also like to do this but I'm having real trouble trying to figure out what needs to be set up at the Paypal end. Are there any Paypal experts here, or someone who has got it working who can help?

The Paypal Pro payment plug in (within Hikashop) is asking for Username, Password and Signature. What are they?? It can't possibly be wanting us to enter the Paypal username and password...

As for the Paypal side, I can't find anything other than a load of documentation for developers and options for connecting APIs.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Leila

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 1 month ago #330480

Hi,

Here is the help for PayPal's documentation to get your credentials for the Payflow pro api used by the PayPal pro plugin:
www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-...s-pro-account-ts1944

And here is the documentation for PayPal Advanced (only the beginning is needed:
developer.paypal.com/docs/payflow/gs-ppa-hosted-pages/

3 years 1 month ago #330515

Thanks for the links, that's very helpful. I think we might be nearly there!

In case it helps someone else, I also found this page:
www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-...ypal-account-faq3196

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

3 years 1 month ago #330574

I just thought I would mention, we have been having a lot of problems getting information out of Paypal and in fact their sales team has said over the phone that Payments Pro is an outdated product and that users should be using 'Paypal Commerce'.

Are there any plans to develop a plugin that works with Paypal Commerce?

Most ecommerce sites these days seem to display Paypal in a popup, it's a shame that we can't do this in Hikashop.

3 years 1 month ago #330582

I have got Paypal Pro working BUT although the orders are being confirmed, the confirmation email is not being sent to the customer. This is quite a big problem.

I have tested several times and I receive the order created email but no confirmation once the payment has been processed.

On the admin side everything seems OK, 2 emails are received and the order shows up as confirmed. Please could you check this out for me.

Many thanks
Leila

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 1 month ago #330577

Hi,

As far as I can see PayPal Commerce is a payment solution for marketplaces:
www.paypal.com/gp/smarthelp/article/what...-marketplaces-ts2122
In that case, it's basically the same as PayPal Adaptive (for which there is a plugin in HikaMarket Multivendor).
But I don't see the link with having a normal ecommerce website like what you're trying to do.

To have a PayPal with a popup, it's possible with PayPal Advanced, for which you have a plugin in HikaShop.

Regarding PayPal Pro, note that HikaShop sends two emails to the customer by default:
- the "order creation notification" sent to the customer when the order is created
- the "order status notification" sent to the customer when the order status is changed from "created" to "confirmed" by the payment plugin after the payment notification.
So with PayPal normal, your customers will get two emails and with PayPal Pro, your customers will only get the first one as the order is directly created confirmed.
What's likely is that you disabled the "order creation notification" so that your customers would only receive the second email for PayPal standard and thus it means no email sent for PayPal Pro.
Also, note that in a previous screenshot of yours, you had the "order notification" setting turned off in the PayPal Pro payment method settings page, you probably want to turn that on.

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by nicolas.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds