PayPal not update status on Hikashop or email regarding payment received.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Multisite
2 years 8 months ago #334635

-- url of the page with the problem -- : ayam.com/online-store
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.28

Hi,

I'm having issue where order and payment are made but not receive any notification from paypal and the syste not update the order status on Hikashop. The order status remains on "Created".

Here is the screenshot of the setting on paypal payment gateway.

How can i resolve this issue?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 8 months ago #334636

Hi,

Your payment settings are fine as far as I can see.
However, I'm not able to access your website URL :
i.imgur.com/negTrrx.png
Maybe you have some kind of security in place ? Like only allowing your country IP addresses ?
That might be the cause of the issue. If I can't access your website from where I am, PayPal's notification servers also probably can't.

• Hikashop Multisite
2 years 8 months ago #334639

Hi,

It might cause from Akeeba Admin Tools that block you. Can you try back to check. Currently i'm temporary disabling the Akeeba Admin Tools and shop also are under offline mode.

I will send the credential under contact form shortly. Please help to look the issue.

• Thank you received: 1778
2 years 8 months ago #334641

Hello,

We actually can't access your website URLs as there's a login form that prevent users from accessing it, for more information :
i.imgur.com/mP1bHg8.png

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Multisite
2 years 8 months ago #334653

Hi

I'll update the login in the contact form. Can you check it.

Login for joomla as stated before in the contact form.

Thanks.

Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by alainz.

2 years 8 months ago #334654

Hi,

Ok but if your website is only accessible with a user account, then PayPal notification server won't be able to contact HikaShop to notify it that the payment has been done.
So your issue here with PayPal comes from that actually.

• Hikashop Multisite
2 years 8 months ago #334736

Hi,

I redo the testing using PayPal sandbox, whitelist paypal domain on admin tools. It working fine. But when changing back to live paypal account it stuck back. Not receive any notification and the order status are not updated when payment are made.

Ask the paypal and here is their reply:

"If you need PayPal to update the back end of your website after a payment completes, that is done through IPN - Instant Payment Notifications. You can enable this service at www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofilewe...=_profile-ipn-notify ."

Can you confirm with me this is the way to do it? Because as last as i remember you just need to link paypal account to hikashop only and it will be working fine. No need to enable that features.

2 years 8 months ago #334743

Hi,

You indeed should not need to activate it in your PayPal account, since HikaShop tells PayPal to use the IPN for each transaction.
What's likely is that the IPN server used by PayPal to notify your server is not in the list whitelisted in AdminTools or something like that.
You can find here a list of the different things that could block the IPN notifications:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...or.html#notification
So it could be adminTools domain blocking, or it could be something else, like the automatic validation of the payments not turned on in your PayPal account. So many things to check.

• Hikashop Multisite
2 years 8 months ago #334800

Hi,

I already go through your link.

But still stuck with the issue.

Here is the payment log from the system.

File Attachment:

File Name: report_343....log.txt
File Size:210 KB

For paypal payment plugin url : ayam.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&c...notif_payment=paypal

It show empty page.

Attachments:

2 years 8 months ago #334808

Hi,

The fact that the notification URL shows an empty page when you try to open it on your browser is normal. That page is called by PayPal's server to send the notification data for payment and it doesn't have to or should output anything.

Your log indicates that HikaShop is not receiving the IPN from PayPal at all.
So the problem doesn't happen when HikaShop is processing the IPN but before it even arrives.
There are two things to check :
- check your web server access log for the notification URL. If you don't find it at all, then PayPal didn't send the notification to your server or it was blocked on the network of your hosting (not likely). If you find it, you should have information along with it which would help understand what's going on. For example, if you see along with it a 301 HTTP status, it indicates that something redirected the notification somewhere else (for example a wrong rule in your .htaccess file).
- check the IPN history in your PayPal merchant account:
developer.paypal.com/docs/api-basics/not...troubleshooting-tips
As it says there :

Your IPN history tells you whether PayPal sent a given IPN message and whether your listener responded to it. This page may also provide information about the status of the server on which your listener is running. If necessary, you can request that PayPal re-send a given IPN message via the IPN history page.

The following user(s) said Thank You: alainz

• Hikashop Multisite
2 years 8 months ago #334826

Hi,

Thanks for update.

Already check the PayPal IPN history, it got disable. Renable back using url to hikashop : " ayam.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&c...pl=component&lang=en " and now Hikashop update the order status and Hikashop sending mail notification once payment are made.

Thanks again for the help Nicolas.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds